Guys running a Centerforce dual friction clutch - need reviews!

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I've narrowed it down to the CF dual friction, and the Spec Stage 2+ for my car. It's at about 500/500 at the wheels, so nothing insane, and it's a daily driver that sees no track duty - just occasional stoplight to stoplight stuff. My major priorities are streetability/no chatter, durability, but still hopefully decent performance/grabbing, and pedal effort compared to stock.

Anyone running either of these clutches, please give me your impressions and advice - gotta make a decision pronto! Thanks.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Great clutch, I had a defective one (or it just couldn't hold the power) but loved the way it worked/felt for the first 3k.

Soft pedal feel and no chatter at all

canada cobra

Established Member
running a centerforce dfx (plus 1 yr)....grabs fast, lighter/easier on the legs than stock at the pedal, am told can takes lots more punishment

04 cobra, whipple 15psi, magnaflows, centerforce dfx, foose 19" rims

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
I liked the DF, but it started slipping alot with the whipple (529/480). I was adjusting it almost every time I drove it cause it was wearing down. It slipped a bunch on the dyno down low. I loved it with lower power, but it couldn't take 600 at the flywheel. It looked fine but alittle thinner when I took it off.

divided

Established Member
I liked the DF, but it started slipping alot with the whipple (529/480). I was adjusting it almost every time I drove it cause it was wearing down. It slipped a bunch on the dyno down low. I loved it with lower power, but it couldn't take 600 at the flywheel. It looked fine but alittle thinner when I took it off.

When you adjusted it, you turned the fireall adjuster CLOCKWISE correct?

astippich

Established Member
I've been running mine for 18000miles with a 500/500 2.76+2lb ported setup. My car is a daily driver in summer months in Wisconsin. Drives better than stock, holds power, no chatter, can be slipped.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Thanks a lot, guys. I think I'll be going CF dual friction :rockon:

Would it be a good idea to get a fidanza aluminum flywheel while I'm at it? Also, I heard I should go with the FRPP throwout bearing. I guess I should consider a Lethal or McLeod TOB sleeve/tube as well.

Lastly, is a fiore quadrant/adjuster something that I should absolutely consider doing? I've not run an adjuster in the past, but I see a ton of guys with them. I'm kind of a "get in it and go" guy, so I don't want to have to be doing constant adjustments. Will I have to?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member

Would it be a good idea to get a fidanza aluminum flywheel while I'm at it? Also, I heard I should go with the FRPP throwout bearing. I guess I should consider a Lethal or McLeod TOB sleeve/tube as well.

Lastly, is a fiore quadrant/adjuster something that I should absolutely consider doing? I've not run an adjuster in the past, but I see a ton of guys with them. I'm kind of a "get in it and go" guy, so I don't want to have to be doing constant adjustments. Will I have to?
You must install a quadrant and adjuster with this clutch. If not you will not be able to shift properly.. I adjusted mine once and that was it.

I've ran the Dual Friction for about 10k miles and am quite happy with it. I also went with a fidanza flywheel and don't forget about going with a 26 spline input shaft while the tranny is dropped.

Holds fine at my power level (550)

astippich

Established Member

I run a fidanza aluminum flywheel, fiore microclick adj, fiore quadrant, 26 spline shaft, and a mcleod tob. I am happy with every piece of this setup.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Mods in my sig, but a year now on my DF, Fidanza FW, Lethal TOB tube, FRPP TOB, and Fiore adj & quadrant. Holds great and very streetable.

04cobra13

Established Member
I may be needing a new clutch soon(even though the stocker is still going strong) seems like i might go CF with all the good reviews...

T.O.Snake

Established Member
So here's the list I'm considering:

- CF dual friction
- Fidanza aluminum flywheel
- 26 spline shaft (still debating that one)
- Fiore quadrant/firewall adjuster
- Lethal TOB sleeve
- FRPP HD TOB

Two more quick questions - is something like the LDC freeplay mod something I need to do? Also, I heard a couple guys say I should get a new Ford (FRPP?) pilot bearing. Can anyone comment on these two things?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I've narrowed it down to the CF dual friction, and the Spec Stage 2+ for my car. It's at about 500/500 at the wheels, so nothing insane, and it's a daily driver that sees no track duty - just occasional stoplight to stoplight stuff. My major priorities are streetability/no chatter, durability, but still hopefully decent performance/grabbing, and pedal effort compared to stock.
With your use of yor Cobra, the DF should be fine. If however, you get the track bug and want to hit the strip, I would upgrade.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Don't know if it's the same clutch or not, (don't know much about clutches in general) but the previous owner of my car put in a Centerforce II. I like it a lot. Way better than any other stockl Cobras I've driven. Very easy pedal effort (softer even then my 02 GT) and you can easily feel where it engages. Easy to modulate.

Users who are viewing this thread