Guns and Ammo ranks the states on who is best/worst for gun ownership

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Michigan #33 not to bad and they got rid of the purchase permit requirement to buy a handgun WOOT!!!! I hadn't heard about that!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Illinois is probably second or third worst in the country in reality... I mean we're the only state out of all 50 who doesn't have some form of CC... Plus we have Cook County, need I say more?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Its amazing our neighbor state is ranked number 20. Pennsylvania has all the good laws.

94venomV8

Established Member
that is pretty skewed. They ranked Iowa as like 36 or something. Even behind states like Wisconsin! It makes no sense, Wisc, just got a CC and had no reciprocity with any states until a few months ago. Even if you read the side bar some dont make sense with the restrictions they have. Like Colorado, why rank them higher when they just came out with mag bans among other things, Iowa has a CC, open carry is permitted, and the only thing they have restrictions on is class 3 weapons. Not really a bad state as the ranking implies. Not even close to Illinois like it shows

oldmodman

Established Member
I could have sworn that my state, California waould be the worst.

But we only came in 47th.

But Arizona was #1

I always check out a couple of the gun supermarkets when I drive over there.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Pretty shocked that OK wasn't ranked a little better and that CA wasn't at the bottom this State is out of control man!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
that is pretty skewed. They ranked Iowa as like 36 or something. Even behind states like Wisconsin! It makes no sense, Wisc, just got a CC and had no reciprocity with any states until a few months ago. Even if you read the side bar some dont make sense with the restrictions they have. Like Colorado, why rank them higher when they just came out with mag bans among other things, Iowa has a CC, open carry is permitted, and the only thing they have restrictions on is class 3 weapons. Not really a bad state as the ranking implies. Not even close to Illinois like it shows

I think the way they rated them is a little skewed too. My state has almost no gun laws, CC anywhere that isn't within city limits, even a law excusing guns made in Montana from federal regulations (something I didn't see in any of the other state's descriptions) but we just missed the top 10 because of a constitutional carry law being shot down.

Oh well. at least I'm not out East.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
i'm alittle shocked that PA wasn't further up on the list. I feel we have it pretty good when it comes to gun laws but i guess being surrounded by NJ, DE, MD, and NY would do that for ya.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
lol at Vermont, hippies with guns, I can deal with that. My wife's side of the family are from there.

Users who are viewing this thread