Guesses on performance numbers by trim

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I love how these rumors spread, that GT losing to the 500 is about as useless as me telling you I kept up to a gutted/full race prepped v12 vantage on slicks/aero with my stock powered miata.

Even DBK said it wont destroy a ZL1 1Le, just beat it.
And what if this is true jackas*? No one knows 100% what it will do, but soon enough everyone will along with looking like complete fools such as yourself trolling these forums and defending GM scrap metal. The only 2 things GM EVER engineered is the Diesel truck line and the C7 ZR1.

Camaro name along with the ZL1 will be dead, I really doubt it will outperform the GT500.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
And what if this is true jackas*? No one knows 100% what it will do, but soon enough everyone will along with looking like complete fools such as yourself trolling these forums and defending GM scrap metal. The only 2 things GM EVER engineered is the Diesel truck line and the C7 ZR1.

Camaro name along with the ZL1 will be dead, I really doubt it will outperform the GT500.

Can you read? Im defending a FGT. Not talking about the C8 at all, I also never said any iteration of the camaro will beat the CFTP 500.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Are you interested in getting one? Or just interested in being a negative piece of sh*t? No one wants to hear from the peanut gallery so GTFO

Settle down Melvin, your drawing conclusions he never levied or implied.

I don’t buy a 4150lbs fr car on street tires with 550lbs of downforce being routinely quicker than an fgt on slicks.

Can the new healthy gt500 carbon likely run 2 seconds quicker than an fgt on worm slicks amongst other health questions, absolutely

Is a fgt in said state still very fast? Yes.

Look at the lightning lap for an fgt. 2:45, the car has gone sub 2:40. If a healthy gt500 carbon was present that day, it may have gone a 2:43 or 2:42. That’s not saying it’s quicker than an fgt always, but on that day it ran quicker.

This happens in racing every day. State of tire wear and overal setup of a car can kill lap times.

Before you try jumping down my throat to which I’ll tell you to come get ****ed, a 2:42 or 2:43 hypothetical bench race lap at vir would be in exotic high level super car realm and a little quicker than a zl1-1le

That would entirely bode with the prior statements by @DBK

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Are you interested in getting one? Or just interested in being a negative piece of sh*t? No one wants to hear from the peanut gallery so GTFO

I don’t buy a 4150lbs fr car on street tires with 550lbs of downforce being routinely quicker than an fgt on slicks.

Can the new healthy gt500 carbon likely run 2 seconds quicker than an fgt on worm slicks amongst other health questions, absolutely

Look at the lightning lap for an fgt. 2:45, the car has gone sub 2:40. If a healthy gt500 carbon was present that day, it may have gone a 2:43 or 2:42. That’s not saying it’s quicker than an fgt always, but on that day it ran quicker.

This happens in racing every day. State of tire wear and overal setup of a car can kill lap times.

Before you try jumping down my throat to which I’ll tell you to come get ****ed, a 2:42 or 2:43 hypothetical bench race lap at vir would be in exotic high level super car realm and a little quicker than a zl1-1le

Sparko

Established Member
Does anyoneknow when the press will be given cars to test ? its the only way we will know what the new GT 500 is all about...come on Ford . Stop the tease and give us some real numbers and professional evaluations.

blk02edge

Established Member

Thank you. And the only point im trying to make about that rumor is its nothing to write home about, yes it "can" happen, but id also bet we will never ever hear full details. The fact that literally any car can beat any car given the right/wrong drivers in certain scenarios. Im just trying to squash the thought that the new 500 IS faster than a GT on worn slicks, cuz it aint.

@VIR The FGT was 7.08seconds faster than the ZL1 1LE. Slicks are worth an average of 5 seconds which would put the GT at 12 seconds faster. "Worn" slicks are usually a max of 2 seconds off pace on the rough end. So if anyone thinks the gt500 will be 12 seconds faster than a ZL1 1LE then ive got a beautiful ocean front property for sale. And thats being nice as the 1LE was far more prepped than the GT was in those tests.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

This is fantastic!

In an effort to white knight for Ford, you attack your “own”.

This is how ****ing retarded brand loyals are!!! Lmaoooo

blk02edge

Established Member
This is fantastic!

In an effort to white knight for Ford, you attack your “own”.

This is how ****ing retarded brand loyals are!!! Lmaoooo
Im sure he has zero clue of the irony of calling me anti Ford haha

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Not drawing conclusions, all his replies in other threads are obviously negative toward the GT500. Do not care to hear your side of the story of how it should be or could be. This area is for the 2020 GT500 and its specs, not the C8. Take that talk over to a vette forum where you would get along better.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Im sure he has zero clue of the irony of calling me anti Ford haha
Never called you anti ford either dude, I am calling out **** who bring nothing good to this section but complain. Dont cry if I hurt your feelings, it is what it is.

And like someone has already said, we should turn this section into GT500 vs C8, and all reality that is not wrong to think that because of so much C8 GM whatever talk is wasting up space in the individual threads. Not brand loyal either Ziggyborg, own a '19 GMC Denali 2500 and Yukon Denali.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Not drawing conclusions, all his replies in other threads are obviously negative toward the GT500. Do not care to hear your side of the story of how it should be or could be. This area is for the 2020 GT500 and its specs, not the C8. Take that talk over to a vette forum where you would get along better.
You think anything I have posted about the GT500 is negative? TOB has been more negative about it than I have... I just call things as I see them. NEVER did I mention C8 in this thread, you did. I was discussing it in the other thread that was about C8 vs GT500 which is a perfectly valid topic. As for in this thread, I am replying to something YOU brought up. I can promise you are the butthurt fella here lol.

But just to make you happy I bet the new GT500 is faster than a GT on slicks! may as well throw the ZR1, 720S, SVJ in the mix too! Makes sense right?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm optimistic about the performance and impressed by much of the engineering behind the 2020 GT500. But when it comes to how well Ford has presented the vehicle to the buying public I am rather disappointed.

I get that the program changed hands since inception and as a result different philosophies were interjected into the mix. And I fully recognize the major changes the company is going through at the exact same time. In essence, this car is a survivor of sorts. The marketing of it, however, has been abysmal. Horsepower figures held hostage until a power puzzle could be solved, paint name/hue changes without explanation, labeling Tremec as Tremac and ****ing up the illustrated timeline at the Detroit Auto Show, the idiotic venom/demons banter, the Willy Wonka "Golden Ticket" saga that ensures very few will have a crack at the CFTP cars Ford is so proud to flaunt everywhere, not releasing weight figures or any real detail on a car Ford already took orders on...I'll stop. Wait...how about a C8 that is far less expensive that offers numerous seat and interior configurations while the GT500 gets white/gray accents across the board?

Just release the car Ford. We'll take it from here.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm optimistic about the performance and impressed by much of the engineering behind the 2020 GT500. But when it comes to how well Ford has presented the vehicle to the buying public I am rather disappointed.

I get that the program changed hands since inception and as a result different philosophies were interjected into the mix. And I fully recognize the major changes the company is going through at the exact same time. In essence, this car is a survivor of sorts. The marketing of it, however, has been abysmal. Horsepower figures held hostage until a power puzzle could be solved, paint name/hue changes without explanation, labeling Tremec as Tremac and ****ing up the illustrated timeline at the Detroit Auto Show, the idiotic venom/demons banter, the Willy Wonka "Golden Ticket" saga that ensures very few will have a crack at the CFTP cars Ford is so proud to flaunt everywhere, not releasing weight figures or any real detail on a car Ford already took orders on...I'll stop. Wait...how about a C8 that is far less expensive that offers numerous seat and interior configurations while the GT500 gets white/gray accents across the board?

Word.

Sparko

Established Member

I totally agree

Users who are viewing this thread