Guess my hp/tq #'s

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll post the dyno sheet tomorrow because I'm beat. Car ended up making 496 and something over 500 but the correction factor is like 21% so it really makes like 410whp or something.

The shitty part about today was there was an accident while it was on the dyno and now my hood has some minor damage. :(

I can’t like your post due to the last part mentioned, but those aren’t numbers that I would be ashamed of. Seems like a healthy car you got there for what it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can’t like your post due to the last part mentioned, but those aren’t numbers that I would be ashamed of. Seems like a healthy car you got there for what it is!

For sure man! Car runs great. The mid level torque I picked up is insane. This thing was such a slouch when it was stock. I'm perfectly happy with it and I got it sounded just how I like it. :)

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember when I bought my hot mess of a Cobra and finally got it tuned the first time. It had quite a bit of mods and made 464 hp. I was happy.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Flickr is being a you know what so I had to upload the file. Here's a print out of my dyno sheet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-14 Andrew Clark.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-14 Andrew Clark.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 108

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Flickr is being a you know what so I had to upload the file. Here's a print out of my dyno sheet.

Nice!

I think I see the anamoly tho.....that printout shows the barometric pressure as 24.49....which sounds incredibly off the charts low....I pulled up Denver weather right now it says 29.90. That would make a significant difference on the correction calculation.

Once you do a blower swap, make sure you go back to this dyno facility and their weather data input. Keep it apples to apples since this is your baseline facility

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Seems like it could stand to run a bit fatter. But I don't tune, so take that for what it's worth I guess.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good numbers brother! What happened on the dyno? Belt break or pulley come loose?
Hood was propped up during a Dyno run and it slammed shut. I'll post some damage pics today. It's not horrible just disappointing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd like to see your uncorrected numbers. What were the weather conditions the day of the dyno run? That 21% correction is due in large part to the elevation.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'd like to see your uncorrected numbers. What were the weather conditions the day of the dyno run?

Only have that one dyno sheet Bob. Temp was mid 20's when it was being dyno'd.

@c6zhombre the shop is actually in Littleton, CO which is right near Denver if that makes a difference.

So are my numbers looking odd or what?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Did the shop prop it up incorrectly or what exactly caused it to slam shut?

No they propped it up correctly it somehow slipped out. I wasn't there to see it but the tuner came and got me and told me what happened. Sucks because I've had hood struts for a month or so now just didn't put them on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Only have that one dyno sheet Bob. Temp was mid 20's when it was being dyno'd.

@c6zhombre the shop is actually in Littleton, CO which is right near Denver if that makes a difference.

So are my numbers looking odd or what?
Understood. Bottom line is you're happy with the results, so the numbers are of lesser important. I remember when I tuned my old '03 Cobra. The torque increase from around 360 to 470 was mind blowing. So I know exactly how you felt driving your modded Cobra.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Understood. Bottom line is you're happy with the results, so the numbers are of lesser important. I remember when I tuned my old '03 Cobra. The torque increase from around 360 to 470 was mind blowing. So I know exactly how you felt driving your modded Cobra.

Exactly, numbers aren't that important to me unless they imply bad news.

Car runs great and I don't beat the crap out of it. I'm hoping the 12/1 afr isn't going to be an issue though.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah, that does. It reads a little leaner at the tailpipe.

How much of a difference are we talking about? I know it varies. Just trying to decide if it's worth adjusting the afr or if I'll be alright if I don't bounce it off redline all day everyday.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The uncorrected is easy to calculate, just take the dyno number and divide by 1.21 (that's the 21% factor from the sheet)

497/1.21 = 411rwhp
515/1.21 = 426rwtq

That's the reason you want to go get those timeslips at sea level tracks like HRP, ATCO, Cecil....etc. Bandimere is not the place lol

Users who are viewing this thread