guage lights intermittently failing ??

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
So I finally got my 04 cobra back together after ~4 months. I replaced the clutch, TOB retainer tube, irs bushings and added a new LPW diff cover.

Everything is working fine, with one exception. As soon as I fired it up, my guage lights started to flicker out. They have come back on a few times, but won't stay on for any length of time.

Probably not a fuse. They would just stay out. Right?

Does this sound like a bad light switch? I know that, historically, I have had a ton of issues with (push/pull) ford light switched on my older mustangs.

I just hope this is not some crazy electrical gremlin that will plague me.

ttype69

Established Member
make sure your batt has a great charge before trying any other diag sounds like the car sat along time.. tha batt could have gone bad .. i had issues with mine i charged the shit out off my batt before my random electrical probs went away ..

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I actually replace the battery with a new one. The new battery did sit for about a month, but the car starts up fine, so I don't think thats the issue.

I have now driven the car for about a week and the guage lights are still not right. When I start the car up, they seem to come on about 2/3s of the time, and then go out after several minutes. Does not seems to be much ryme or reason to it.

Why would the alt cause this?

What is the inverter and how to replace??

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Well, a few months later, and this is still not resolved. Anynone else out there with issues related to the guage lights going out??

Could it be a bad light/dimmer switch?

Users who are viewing this thread