GT500 vs Termi

warden13

Established Member
So I was driving through Mexico this weekend on a nice leisurely cruise when I see a Termi merging on the highway. Now I'm passing by at around 80 in the left lane and he's just on the ramp so by the time he merges into traffic he's probably a good 1/4-1/2 mile behind me. I pull over into the right hand lane and slow it down for a bit and sure enough I see him creeping up on the left. He get's next to me and I see a Boost gauge on his dash about the size of a small wall clock and there are a few racing stickers on the car so I'm pretty sure it's modded.

Anyway, he gets along side me, smiles and gives me a thumbs up. We're doing about 65 at this point and I have a car in front of me so I merge behind him and he hammers it. I hear the beautiful wine of his supercharger and the hum of exhaust and I hammer it as well. He's got about 2 cars on me by the time I hit the gas but I catch him at about 110 and start to pass at about 120. I shut it down do to some traffic ahead and we chase back and forth a bit as we wait for an opening. Things clear out and we've got a nice stretch of open road in front of us with all lanes clear. I take the right lane and he has the left, we're doing 60 and we give one another a nod and hammer it. From 60-100 it's a close race but as we continue to speed up I'm pulling away. I shut it down at a little over 140 with about 2+ cars on him. We both smiled and had a good time and he got off at the next exit.

That was the first run of the year for me and it felt good :) I have no idea what mods he may have had but I should be pushing about 620-640 to the wheels based on my current setup (getting it Dynoed again later this spring as I've added a new TB and high flow elbow to the TVS).

warden13

Established Member
I definitely heard that blower and with the gauge mounted on the dash I have to assume it was heavily modded. It was a lot of fun for sure :)

Black2010

Established Member
nice kill! it must have had a big blower to be able to hang with you at 640hp

You think so? I'm thinking it was probably just the basics of a 2.73, CAI, Exhaust and a good tune. That seems to be pretty close to 500hp at the wheels for most Cobra's. Being the cobra lost by 2 car lengths in a fairly short race and the weight advantage of the 03/04 over the GT500 I was guessing the cobra was about 100hp short of the GT500.

Would be interesting to know what it had. My Cobra is stock and I'd be thrilled to hang that close to a modded GT500. Just haven't wanted to spend the money yet.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You think so? I'm thinking it was probably just the basics of a 2.73, CAI, Exhaust and a good tune. That seems to be pretty close to 500hp at the wheels for most Cobra's. Being the cobra lost by 2 car lengths in a fairly short race and the weight advantage of the 03/04 over the GT500 I was guessing the cobra was about 100hp short of the GT500.

Would be interesting to know what it had. My Cobra is stock and I'd be thrilled to hang that close to a modded GT500. Just haven't wanted to spend the money yet.

I dunno, I could be wrong but don't think that even a ported eaton at about 500rwhp would be able to make up the weight for his gt500 at 620-640 rwhp. he said from 60-100 it was close. op have you ever brought your car to the track? if so what's it trap

basic stock eaton pullied cobra should trap in the neighborhood of 118

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
So I was driving through Mexico this weekend on a nice leisurely cruise when I see a Termi merging on the highway. Now I'm passing by at around 80 in the left lane and he's just on the ramp so by the time he merges into traffic he's probably a good 1/4-1/2 mile behind me. I pull over into the right hand lane and slow it down for a bit and sure enough I see him creeping up on the left. He get's next to me and I see a Boost gauge on his dash about the size of a small wall clock and there are a few racing stickers on the car so I'm pretty sure it's modded.

Anyway, he gets along side me, smiles and gives me a thumbs up. We're doing about 65 at this point and I have a car in front of me so I merge behind him and he hammers it. I hear the beautiful wine of his supercharger and the hum of exhaust and I hammer it as well. He's got about 2 cars on me by the time I hit the gas but I catch him at about 110 and start to pass at about 120. I shut it down do to some traffic ahead and we chase back and forth a bit as we wait for an opening. Things clear out and we've got a nice stretch of open road in front of us with all lanes clear. I take the right lane and he has the left, we're doing 60 and we give one another a nod and hammer it. From 60-100 it's a close race but as we continue to speed up I'm pulling away. I shut it down at a little over 140 with about 2+ cars on him. We both smiled and had a good time and he got off at the next exit.

That was the first run of the year for me and it felt good :) I have no idea what mods he may have had but I should be pushing about 620-640 to the wheels based on my current setup (getting it Dynoed again later this spring as I've added a new TB and high flow elbow to the TVS).

problem-mexicoracingleague-mexicanracingleague-mrlempire-mrl-powerful-youboyslikemexico-streetracingisnotacrime-nitrousoutlet--106531.jpeg

warden13

Established Member
I dunno, I could be wrong but don't think that even a ported eaton at about 500rwhp would be able to make up the weight for his gt500 at 620-640 rwhp. he said from 60-100 it was close. op have you ever brought your car to the track? if so what's it trap

basic stock eaton pullied cobra should trap in the neighborhood of 118

I've never had it to the track honestly. I did have the wife in the car as well so I figure the weight difference was about 530-550lbs from the 03 Coupe to the 07 Vert with passenger.

funmoneypit

Established Member

Your not going to get 500rwhp with a stock Eaton no matter what you throw on it. Hell, some are lucky to get 500rwhp with a ported Eaton. I would guess definitely had an upgraded blower for sure.

It's nice to see our 12 and 13 year old cars still be able to hold their own.

Nice run OP.

Users who are viewing this thread