Gt500 vs hellcat redeye vs zl1 1le edmunds

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
840-850 rwhp.
It makes 880 on the full tilt tune but it broke (axle) on the line with that tune loaded. Another rental tomorrow to see how it does on the hot tune (weather will not be as good). (Pretty sure there will be a modded GT500 at our rental tomorrow as well. Too bad we cant use both lanes)
We have a set of 1300s and a 2.65 to throw on if we need to chase that 8 second pass :)

If/when this pig goes 8s with like 5 mods and cats, well, yeah...there wont be any GT500s laying waste to it.
To use your previous question...

Why the 500 trapping less than a Redeye, even though the 500 makes 100 more RWHP, costs more, and weighs 2-300+lbs LESS? Talk about an embarrassment.
Because EVO is either inflating numbers or having some SERIOUS IAT issues. The 810whp pulley only car went 141ish? No way it was actually making 945whp on the 144mph run. That's just the thing about all this, they are working through issues, whereas the Red Eye/Demon are well proven at this point with most issues worked through. Except breaking axles apparently...

And we are talking much higher temps and a large amount more power over stock, so the GT500 is going to need some cooling upgrades. That is why the MPH is low. No reason 810whp vs 945whp is only 3mph trap difference.

Now, the ZR1? It's factory stock trapping what the 2020 GT500 is, there is NO EXCUSE for it, when a multibillion dollar company has spent millions and millions in R&D. Completely different scenario, bone stock ZR1 trapping slow vs a a pretty heavily modified brand new platform working through kinks.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Because EVO is either inflating numbers or having some SERIOUS IAT issues. The 810whp pulley only car went 141ish? No way it was actually making 945whp on the 144mph run. That's just the thing about all this, they are working through issues, whereas the Red Eye/Demon are well proven at this point with most issues worked through. Except breaking axles apparently...

And we are talking much higher temps and a large amount more power over stock, so the GT500 is going to need some cooling upgrades. That is why the MPH is low. No reason 810whp vs 945whp is only 3mph trap difference.

Now, the ZR1? It's factory stock trapping what the 2020 GT500 is, there is NO EXCUSE for it, when a multibillion dollar company has spent millions and millions in R&D. Completely different scenario, bone stock ZR1 trapping slow vs a a pretty heavily modified brand new platform working through kinks.

there is no excuse either way. Lol

just goes to show how impressive the old hellcats are.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
The CF wheels and stickier compound is a huge advantage

View attachment 1619051

Guess you missed the part where I said only that one magazine got faster times in the CFTP right? I knew you were going to respond with this, so I deployed a preemptive strike, which clearly you didn't get lol. Do I really need to dig up the video where Ford says the base model is the best model to run the 1/4 in.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You know the DCT is a HUGE advantage over a regular ol’ automatic

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Guess you missed the part where I said only that one magazine got faster times in the CFTP right? I knew you were going to respond with this, so I deployed a preemptive strike, which clearly you didn't get lol. Do I really need to dig up the video where Ford says the base model is the best model to run the 1/4 in.

which car is faster in the 1/4, the 350R or the 350 base?

My94GT

Established Member
Stock for stock, the Demon is the drag king, the GT500 CFTP is the road course king, and the base GT500 is the best bang for your buck all around car. I honestly don't see how anyone could argue with what was just said.

I would actually agree with this. I will say bank for the buck street car the red eye is still a better deal right now. People are ordering 2020 wide body red eyes with 5k off in rebates and picking up new 2019 Redeye wide bodies for 12-13k off.

for me between the two money aside I’m going GT500, but if I factor in real world buying currently I’d go red eye.

the ultimate take away- we are so lucky to have such stellar choices. As a ford fan I’m glad to see the GT500 is living up to its name sake even if it did take forever. So far it seems worth the wait.

chagan02

Established Member
Best part about this thread is how all the anti 500 guys are doing the same thing they were bashing the Ford guys for in the other 3-4 threads. Excuses.

I’m curious which car will hold its value best over the next five years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

My94GT

Established Member
How can you say it's faster mod for mod when they haven't even figured out the shift logic or stability control issues yet?

this^ once these things are sorted out we’re going to see the real potential of the GT500, or we find out the weak link is the trans. I don’t expect it to be the weak link though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Demon faster stock. Redeye faster mod for mod. ZL1 1LE faster than non CFTP 500.
I have yet to see a magazine test a demon stock off the showroom.

I can agree with that. Although, some would argue that the ZL1 1LE is the best bang for the buck (since its much cheaper than the 500 and faster at the road course).
Where? I have yet to see one close the 991.2 3RS...

My94GT

Established Member
Best part about this thread is how all the anti 500 guys are doing the same thing they were bashing the Ford guys for in the other 3-4 threads. Excuses.

I’m curious which car will hold its value best over the next five years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

the demon will hold best value, then CFTP and then the regular GT500. The red eye is just so far mass produced it’ll lose more.

then again if financials are your game any of these cars is a poor investment choice so it becomes a pennies on the dollar argument really

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member

For base models with autos the Dodge weighs 400+ lbs more, 43 less HP, $11K less for non wide body and you expected it to win? And the ZL! weighs the same, 110 HP less, $8500 less and you expected a different result?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I will concede that at this point early in its mod life you are correct. The other cars have been on the market and modded for guess though.... it took time to crack the cat's computer if I recall correctly.

time will tell if the Redeye continues to be on top. I doubt that more updates in tuning will turn things around for the 500.

chagan02

Established Member
then again if financials are your game any of these cars is a poor investment choice so it becomes a pennies on the dollar argument really

Thus, all these arguments about how much a better deal the Dodge is are mute. If we can agree that at this point the cost doesn’t matter, then it doesn’t matter.

If I could afford any of them, I’d gladly pay 10k more for the cobra. Why? You have a quasi-supercar, as opposed to a 4 door Dodge.

I don’t care if the Dodge is two tenths fast running 9s. I’ll never do that, but I will drive the Dragons Tail and look damn good doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread