Premium Member
Why I won't get rid of my 13 GT500 for a GT350:

That was when she was stock. She's got upgrades now:
IMG_5308 (Medium).jpg

Those GT350s are missing like 200HP+...

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Impressive & beautiful car. But it looked like that GT350 was about to run you over in a few of those corners and I'm very shocked the GT350 stuck with you as good as it did on the straights.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Great show by the 13.

modified 500 vs what is likely a stock 350R. As expected, the 500 would pull on the straights and the 350R would make up the ground on the turns.

As a previous 14 500 owner, I can tell you that the handling and feel of the cars are world’s apart. The base 350 that I drove made my 14 500 feel like it had the handling resemblance of a bean bag. I kid you not.

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Impressive & beautiful car. But it looked like that GT350 was about to run you over in a few of those corners and I'm very shocked the GT350 stuck with you as good as it did on the straights.
I had traffic to negotiate, but yes, he was able to reel me in the corners. It might be debatable between no traffic and traffic but I still feel that the GT350R was (should be) 3-4-5 seconds faster than me (I even said as much in the comments). Traffic in HPDE is I have to wait for acknowledgement from the driver in front me, I can't pass until I get the "point by" (the "acknowledgement"). In TT racing, I wouldn't have to wait and can pass anywhere I see fit to (obviously with safety and rules in mind).

But he couldn't get near me on back straight, front straight and climbing esses. He needed more power.

Last edited:

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Great show by the 13.

modified 500 vs what is likely a stock 350R. As expected, the 500 would pull on the straights and the 350R would make up the ground on the turns.

As a previous 14 500 owner, I can tell you that the handling and feel of the cars are world’s apart. The base 350 that I drove made my 14 500 feel like it had the handling resemblance of a bean bag. I kid you not.
And now she's modded with CorteX stuff, so I'm ready for a rematch. ;-)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You didn’t finish this thought....
and the 500 would make the 350 feel slow in any straight line.
Different cars for different uses.
Too bad Ford abandoned the street/strip muscle crowd for 6yrs.
Both great cars but I’d never sell my ‘14 for an NA 350.
And nobody should drive a stock 500.
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
You didn’t finish this thought....
and the 500 would make the 350 feel slow in any straight line.
Different cars for different uses.
Too bad Ford abandoned the street/strip muscle crowd for 6yrs.
Both great cars but I’d never sell my ‘14 for an NA 350.
And nobody should drive a stock 500.
-J

Indeed. The 500 definitely poops on the 350 in the acceleration department, with corn on top. That was a given. This thread is about both cars on the road course, hence why I only mentioned the handling.

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Great show by the 13.

Which is why she's got CorteX/Boss 302R stuff on her now. Don't have the SLA or cambered rear axle... yet... ;-) She's heavy but she's not the S.S. Minnow now...

Users who are viewing this thread