GT500 Short block

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
This is a take out unit only has 4K miles on it. No nitrous of anything over stock boost. Would like to get 2200.00 for it. thanks

Blaine

imbuggin

Established Member
what are the specs? what comes with it?
ford gt pistons, i-beam rods, forged crank, in a gt500 ?

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Completely stock take out assembly from a GT500. forged crank, rods, pistons, short block only oil pan to engine deck is complete.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Yes. I am in need of short block for my Lightning and was going with a regular NVH 5.4 but heard the internals are better on a GT500 block. What are the differences?

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Yes. I am in need of short block for my Lightning and was going with a regular NVH 5.4 but heard the internals are better on a GT500 block. What are the differences?

this would not be a good short block for you mainly because the 2v heads have smaller combustion chambers than 4v heads. you would be in the 10.5to1 ratio and that is to much. but if you decided to use 4v heads off of a navi or something similar would be fine.

the differences are forged rods, pistons and less dish on the top of the piston. hope this helps.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
We ran 10 to 1 flat tops with 2v heads on our 03 Harley truck with 25psi {magnum powers} and a 175 wet shot. {tuned by JDM}
Never had an issue and beat on the truck for 1 year everyday before selling it.
I say he would be fine..

But thats just me..

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
Good deal.... glad you sold it. I decided against buying it because the total cost to build a GT500 motor with GT500 heads to install into my GT500 tribute car would have been cost prohibitive. Instead, I decided to buy a GT500. Yes, the CAR..:banana:

Willie

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
this would not be a good short block for you mainly because the 2v heads have smaller combustion chambers than 4v heads. you would be in the 10.5to1 ratio and that is to much. but if you decided to use 4v heads off of a navi or something similar would be fine.

the differences are forged rods, pistons and less dish on the top of the piston. hope this helps.

Thanks Blaine. I didn't realize that.

ROWNER8

Established Member
Hope You Plan To Use A Front Load Shelby Or Ford Gt Water Pump. Shelby 5.4 Blocks Look The Same But They Are Not Machined From The Water Pump Out To The Side Of The Block. There Will Be No Water Supply At The Oil/water Block Adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread