GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
no deal, wait til mid next year and you'll find them on the lots with discounts........but it's your money

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Here in Dallas, the coupes are going for $25K over sticker! I just sat there and laughed. I'll lease an 08 and pay alot less, just like the 04. Never pay more than 7-10% above sticker, it's just throwing money away.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I heard a figure yesterday stating that so far 800 GT-500's have been sold and not many more than that have been produced yet....sounds like we still have 9,200 more to look for at the dealerships, and prices are already comming down.

03trubluGT

Established Member
A friend of mine in Fort Worth bought a white with blue stripes GT500 two weeks ago for $12k over sticker. He owns a couple of shops (Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura) and some commercial buildings so it wasn't that big of a deal for him. He also has a 67 Camaro that he's building. He sold his 04 Vette with 5k miles on it for the Shelby.

Matt

USBlueStage2

Established Member
mkeane said:
Roush wont warranty it if its a Kenne Bell, only if he puts on the Roushcharger

True - did not notice that he was talking about putting on a KB:coolman:

chuckstang

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
no deal, wait til mid next year and you'll find them on the lots with discounts........but it's your money

That s197 red mustang in your sig...what year pony emblem is that from because it looks much better than stock. I like the corral around the pony

and the black term really makes it hard to justify the gt500 beause that thing looks friggin amazing!!

BLKGT03

Established Member
I did not know till it was too late, about the GT500 being opened up to all dealers, but my small home town dealer in OK was allocated 2 of them and sold both for 8K over sticker to a couple guy's in Tulsa. He said he wished he had know what the market was going to do, he felt he sold them way under market value. I said heck I sure wished I had known that he was allocated some, one of them would have been mine.

cobra-info

Established Member
Am I just a 2003 cobra owner venting or what? So I stroll into Texan Ford in Arlington, TX. To my surprize OH SNAP a new GT500, Im on the side of the car thats not showing the dealer invoice thinking to myself hmm. Not too bad for 47k Right! UNTIL I make my way to the passenger side to see a MARKET ADJUSTMENT price of $75,000 (as one of the chump salesman hands the keys to the new owner) (the salesman hears me laughing aloud saying to myself) "you've got to be ****ing kidding me, price gouging bastards" he over hears me & says "yeah well it's sold" I say " I hope he didn't pay 70k for it cuz its not in a playing field with the new Z06'' he says "number was close to 70k though" I just laughed at him with lots of arrogance................. as im thinking let him pay 70 for it & watch me stomp a mudhole in this new cars ass!!!

Guess I was just Pissed off, does ford expect to get out of the economical slump they are in with the "market adjustment bullshit" on a car thats not anywhere near in a class of 70,000 dollars or more!

How about the market adjustment for the 12k in aftermarket I've got into my 03 Cobra & extended warranty so then when I go to trade it or sell it those things don't matter.

BUT WHEN A CAR DEALER PUTS A LIFT, TIRES, TINT, WHEELS, GRILLE, PINSTRIPE, they want thier FAWKING cake and eat it too!!!:fm: :fm: :fm:
those of you who know what im talking about it really gets me angry!!!

Wow, do I need professional help?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
cobra-info said:
Guess I was just Pissed off, does ford expect to get out of the economical slump they are in with the "market adjustment bullshit" on a car thats not anywhere near in a class of 70,000 dollars or more!

How about the market adjustment for the 12k in aftermarket I've got into my 03 Cobra & extended warranty so then when I go to trade it or sell it those things don't matter.

Wow, do I need professional help?

i dont understand. market adjustment was there for the 03 mustang svt as well(local dealer wanted 43k + ttl for a no option dsg coupe in dec of 02, 6 months after they were released). how is this any different?
what about the economical slump? the adm goes to the dealers not to ford. ford will only make around 36k for a no option 07 gt500 coupe. are you suggesting ford made a mistake by selling the car for so little?

you purchased an extended warranty and then added 12k in aftermarker products? now that was :bash: . or did you really think that your car with a non exsistent extended warranty and 12k in addition improvements was going to keep its value? from a money standpoint you have chosen poorly! no wonder you dont have the 70k cash to purchase a new car with.:idea:

Last edited:

68Jcode

Established Member
I received calls from 2 dealers in my area within the last 5 days letting me know they have the GT 500 available and are calling everyone who was on their list. Long & short of my story is - had a signed deal with $500 good faith deposit last June. Early Spring, contacted dealer and they "changed their mind". Needless to say, will never buy from that dealer. The other dealer I actually spoke with and they are asking $65k for the $45k stickered coupe. I laughed and told him to put down the crack pipe. I draw 2 conclusions from this: 1)everyone who was on either dealers list got shafted on whatever arrangement they had and 2)none of the Mustang enthusiasts in my market are willing to spend $65k on a Mustang. I'm sure they will get more than sticker in the end, but is definately a sign of the dealer hype dying off. I plan to order a new Mustang in late February for an early Spring delivery. If the GT 500 is at sticker by then, I will get one, otherwise I will order a GT the way I want it and go aftermarket for some options.

BLKGT03

Established Member
My dealer just called me, the one I mentioned that had been allocated 2 cars and sold them both for 8k over. He told me that the guy waiting on the second allocated car is wanting to back out. I told him I would pick it up for the 8k over that guy agreed to, but I will wait and see down the road if that won't get it. I am surprised the guy is wanting to back out. Thats one of the better prices I have herd them selling for. The car is projected to be built Dec/Jan.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
spoke 2 a couple of my buddies last week who work at 2 different local ford dealers. Both of them sold one, they went for 20k over. one of them sold 1 earlier this year for 40k over.

SSeatr

Established Member
i wouldnt even know i havent seen any dealers that have any...they were all gone before they got there basically...but i asked the guy before it came out and he said anywhere between $65k-80k

Users who are viewing this thread