GT500 ordering?

PIPO

Established Member
Is there any guidance out there on when/how/who can order a GT500? I stopped by my local dealer and not surprisingly they didn't have a clue. I'm not familiar with the ordering process of Ford special cars. Is it going to be similar to the Demon's process where only certain dealer receive few, in many cases just one, allocations?
Thanks in advance.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There will be allocations, based on a dealers prior year(s) sales. The when, what, & how much is still not disclosed, although ADM is a pretty sure bet.
I ordered my 11 & 14, it's no different than ordering any other car, just costs a little more. Both times, the dealership had ( 2 ) allocations, got lucky on the 11, 2K under MSRP, the 14 @ MSRP.
Good luck !!!

conceptmachine

Established Member
You can go back to your dealer and ask them to be first in line for it.
Order banks have not opened for it and my guess is they won't open until the end of 2018 for the 2019 MY.
The '19 MY will be hard to get, as there will be many in line, and I believe it will be a short 1/2 year run.
I'm sure after the '19MY most dealers will get a least 1 allocation, with larger dealers seeing multiple allocations. As long as they are registered and paid their $1,000 entry fee into the program, they will be able to get at least 1/year, but that won't include '19MY for all dealers, I have a feeling.

We'll see how in pans out, but the way it looks now is that you should just ask your dealer to be put at the head of the line and maybe put a $100. deposit down so they know you're serious.
It's gonna be a while, unfortunately, so be prepared to wait about 1.5+ before your dealer sees one. If your dealer sold lots of mustangs in the past, you could see one in a year. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread