GT500 or Raptor

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
I own a Whipple 2.9 07 GT500 thinking about selling it for a raptor... How badass if this truck really? I have only looked at on never got to drive in one. What do you guys think?

scmustangs

Established Member
I had a chance to drive a blue 6.2 on Wednesday of this week. I would have bought it if it had been white w/o the graphics. I am going to sell my 05 F250 & order a 2011 6.2 White Raptor at the end of the month. Prob will be first of the year before it gets here.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
6.2 has tons of power and torque! Has easy ability for far more!!!:lol:
Wide(h1 wide) 7 inches wider than stock f150!
Rides high and wide King of the Road!
Locking diff
specific off road tuning including braking
hill descent

gt500 fun 2 door sports car!:poke:

2k7gtcs

Established Member
I've got a blown 07 GT and a 6.2L Raptor. If I had to choose between the two I'm not sure I could. Two completely different animals to say the least. I'm fortunate that I can use the Raptor for a daily driver and play with the Stang.

The truck is everything you could want and more. I don't know how I ever lived without it with one big exception. The tow rating is only 6,000 lbs. Something to take note of for sure. This wouldn't change my mind, but then again I bet you don't tow much with your Mustang either.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Have both, that is the best option.. The Raptor is super and all, but no matter how much offroad fun you have, it still doesn't compare with the feeling of a supercharged muscle car.

trolls56

Established Member
I made the choice between a 2010 GT500 and a Raptor and I ended up getting a Raptor. Reason is i live in South Dakota and already have a 89 GT. I needed a Winter vehicle and something to pull my fox body. I really wanted a GT500 but needed a truck so a 6.2 Raptor was my compromise.

02SVTV6

Established Member
unless you drive a Turbo'd 4V nothing else compares but in this case Raptor with all the options

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Well considering that you're sig says that selling your 93 made you sad, I would think that doing the same with your Whippled GT500 would make you suicidal.

VaporDude

Established Member
If I were you, wait a year and get one. I think SVT will come out with a SC version soon. You know how they are, come out with the truck with a 5.4, then throw in a 6.2. I think they are going to up the ante on performance real soon.

I have the 6.2 orange Raptor and my 08 GT500. I did trailer the car last week and the Raptor did just fine.

BAD351W

Established Member
Depends on what you wanna do with the Raptor. Because if you want a truck to go offroad with. Short of highspeed desert runs, there are alot of trucks you can modify mildly to do as good of a job if not better. And they wont cost nearly as much as a raptor. If you end up going that route, you can keep the car as well perhaps.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Have both, that is the best option.. The Raptor is super and all, but no matter how much offroad fun you have, it still doesn't compare with the feeling of a supercharged muscle car.

2 of each, keep one stock and mod the hell out or the other!

XtremeS10

Established Member
Sid's got the right idea, lol

I second the notion... though the mod bug carries into both vehicles... ughhhhh :bash:
I disagree.... cause I can twin turbo the Raptor (which is my next plan) and have a mid 12 second daily driving bad ass off road capable 4wd truck that I can drive even in the snow!

Last edited:

R3troGT

Established Member
Since a lot of you are saying to get both, I went out today and bought a 2010 Raptor to add to my GT500 ;-)

The Truck is a demo with about 10563 miles (17,000 km) on her. It has the 5.4 and all the options. Unless the bank says no I should have it Monday :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread