GT500 Mods?

john11gt

Established Member
Mods will be the same for every OHC engine ford has made. Exhaust, boost/pulley/blower swap, and tune. Eventually they will make cams for 5-6k plus 3-5k to install.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not really worried about the $ for a few mods, just trying to understand potential and limitations. On that car (and for me) I would not want to go TT and even very doubtful on an aftermarket blower. Jut trying to understand the art of the possible here. Sounds like the sweet spot is bolt-ons, exhaust, tune, etc. thanks all
All good, we’re all excited to see the limits of the platform.
To me the big question is the DCT.
We also don’t the intercooler limits but it’s a huge core and the inverted design works great on the Cobra Jet.
Still, the front feed TB and elbow is also proven, but it’s a known area to make the most gains as removing as much restriction as possible before the rotor packs makes powa!
What we do know: 1) the 2650 blower can support 1200hp, 2) the Predator 5.2 with CNC ported heads and decent cams plus VCT will have mad flow/efficiency and pull to 8500, 3) the Ford engineer I spoke to said their power limits on 91 octane are due to cat efficiency, and 4) the 8-rib setup is a step back and incorporates a clutched pulley, but people have gone 8s on the 8-rib.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Some nitrous, bolt ons, tuning, and crucially slicks/skinnies, and cobrajet brakes would do wonders too. Probably easy mid 8 second car if not faster. Issue will be tuning/ fortifying the trans and obviously that the car would be a drag car at that point.

I think bolt ons, tires, and tuning will make it an easy mid 9 car for $10k.

Users who are viewing this thread