GT500 Failed Inspection in DFW

68gtscode

Established Member
Of all things because my drag radials don't have sufficient tread! Here I was worried about the emissions portion... I never would have guessed the tires would be an issue. I don't even think California cared about tread depth on the tires, haha! Does anyone know if brand new drag radials will pass? What is everyone else doing to get around this?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Of all things because my drag radials don't have sufficient tread! Here I was worried about the emissions portion... I never would have guessed the tires would be an issue. I don't even think California cared about tread depth on the tires, haha! Does anyone know if brand new drag radials will pass? What is everyone else doing to get around this?
really dude? I don't think I have ever seen an inspection that did not include the tires and tread depth.

I see that eventually we will have another thread in here about someone wrecking their car in the rain while riding on bad tires

68gtscode

Established Member
I'm rolling on et streets lol try another shop. Hopefully they didn't charge you.

No, they were nice enough not to charge me. I took it to another shop on the way home, and asked them to look at the tires. While I realize it was a loaded question, they said they wouldn't pass it either. I may try another place or two before I take more significant measures like buying another set of rears just for the inspection.

really dude? I don't think I have ever seen an inspection that did not include the tires and tread depth.

I see that eventually we will have another thread in here about someone wrecking their car in the rain while riding on bad tires

Absolutely, "dude". I've had Nitto 555Rs on my Mustangs for the last 10 years and never had an issue... I've lived in FL, IL, AZ, CA, MI, and now TX over this time. This set has about 3k miles on them. And no, you won't see a post from me about wrecking one of my Mustangs in the rain... None of mine have seen rain since I decided to drive my 68 fastback across county in 2002.

Kewlv8

Established Member

They will pass any tire with tread, I passed on Toyo TQ and on 555Rs. Put a good set of tires on that Hoopty. Dam, I see Homies pay $300 for a pair of Air Jordans, but drivin' round on $88 bald Nexen tires. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread