GT500 beats Modded Z06 ! ! ! !

Thrust

Established Member
Do the gt500's ever win? :shrug: I can't recall seeing any racing videos of them laying the smack down. I've seen impressive dyno, and single car vids, but these cars should be out there kicking more ass. Time to make some upgrades! (terminator) lol

Lankhoss

Established Member
Do the gt500's ever win? :shrug: I can't recall seeing any racing videos of them laying the smack down. I've seen impressive dyno, and single car vids, but these cars should be out there kicking more ass. Time to make some upgrades! (terminator) lol

I got the ever living piss beat out of me by one one night, and on pump gas. We didn't have a camera though (weren't expecting that outcome).

If I find out my car is at max power...or hell, if I get out of the house in the first place, I might re-run him again and film it so you guys can watch lol

venomws6

Established Member
That Z sounded mean.

If he did that to you with Cammed 02 Z then KB will not help if he put a cam in his C6 ZO6.

slowtealz28

Established Member
A stock C5 Z06 shouldn't win against a stock GT500, but considerably beat them every time. I am no genius to GT500's, but isn't their fastest times in the 1/4 on stock tires like a 12.2-12.5? I've seen bone stock C5 Z06's go 11.80@117mph. You could hear the Z06 struggling for traction.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn man you got your wig split! But if your gonna get taken down, thats the way to go....

Drewzilla

Established Member
I honestly dont understand how you didnt get pulled much much harder. If he's puttin down 440....that's about what...10 or 20 hp less than a stock gt500? Im not sure what the exact weight is on the gt500 but the c5z should atleast have a good 800lbs advantage. We all know how crazy the LSX all motor powerbands are so I thought he would TEAR past you once he caught traction. Maybe you have a strong car? BTW mod that damn thing. Just basic stuff...intake, exhaust, pulley and tune it. I dont own one but from what I hear that are a LOT more fun after that lol.

manOwar

Established Member
I honestly dont understand how you didnt get pulled much much harder. If he's puttin down 440....that's about what...10 or 20 hp less than a stock gt500? Im not sure what the exact weight is on the gt500 but the c5z should atleast have a good 800lbs advantage. We all know how crazy the LSX all motor powerbands are so I thought he would TEAR past you once he caught traction. Maybe you have a strong car? BTW mod that damn thing. Just basic stuff...intake, exhaust, pulley and tune it. I dont own one but from what I hear that are a LOT more fun after that lol.

The vette should have had a 1000lb advantage, I think he did well considering...

GT500R

Established Member
You didn't do toooooo bad, Put the camera man in the vette next time....

camera girl ;-)

I honestly dont understand how you didnt get pulled much much harder. We all know how crazy the LSX all motor powerbands are so I thought he would TEAR past you once he caught traction. Maybe you have a strong car? BTW mod that damn thing.

yeah, my car is strong, when it is like 40-50 * out, and HE just had intake/tune/exhaust with my stock car, I would pull 1 car on him from 50-120

in the summer temps of 70-80*, he would pull just 1 car on me

so IDK ?

I think it was pretty funny posting this thread title.. because you knew people were gonna be pissed at the outcome.. Good one Chris!
Gone from import hating, to domestic hating, to hating their own successor... what a great site.

I know, thought it would be funny :rockon:

jf4boogie

Established Member
Maybe I missed it, but he's putting down 440ish w/ stock heads??

Something doesnt sound right...

cw1970

Established Member
Not to sound stupid but are you joking or serious? If so then that is an awesome feature! If not then I feel dumb but with technology these days you never know.

The AC does cut off at WOT. It did on my 03 Cobra.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
A stock C5 Z06 shouldn't win against a stock GT500, but considerably beat them every time. I am no genius to GT500's, but isn't their fastest times in the 1/4 on stock tires like a 12.2-12.5? I've seen bone stock C5 Z06's go 11.80@117mph. You could hear the Z06 struggling for traction.

I went 11.90@117 in a our stock GT500, just drag radials...

Users who are viewing this thread