GT42 turbo on a custom setup

LeoGSVT

Banned
well..im starting the planning for my custom setup this week..the motor is comming out thursday and being re-built so im going all out while its apart..im thinking of doing a GT42 turbo...im having the people who built the TT ford GT fab me up a custom kit...i have a GT35 turbo sitting around right now..but im afraid it wont produce enuff power...what is everbody's opinion on the 42?? how much will it handle? should i steup is up bigger????

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
35 is pretty much the same as a 76 so you could go bigger. A 42 is f*ing enormous though.

kino

Established Member
C H I N I said:
35 is pretty much the same as a 76 so you could go bigger. A 42 is f*ing enormous though.

I think the GT42 he is talking about is the 76 mm . GT35s are good to 650hp if I recall right.

LeoGSVT

Banned
yes correct..the GT35 im talking about is a smaller turbo something like a 60trim..if im correct...they run them on STI's and Evo's and such as an upgrade...im getting a GT35 for free pretty much so im just seeing what my power level with that would be..and if i need to step it up...the bottom end is being built so im shooting for 800ish

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I think your bottom end will be a little soft, but it just depends on what you want to do with the car. If you are gonna drag it frequently it will be fine. If you want a devestatingly fast street car, its probably too big, at least for me. I like full spool or very close to it by 3500 RPM at the latest.

a GT35 would be fun. the 4.6 would spool that thing very quickly, it may run out of steam on the tope end depending on the trim.

Last edited:

kino

Established Member
C H I N I said:
I am new to the turbo world! Me = :loser:

Turbos can get confusing especially when talking about their A/Rs. Remember that GT turbos can have different impeller sizes ie GT47-80 and GT47-88.

Users who are viewing this thread