GT350R weight reduction. Thoughts welcome.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
That's never made sense to me.

If you do that, you piss off the customer, you don't get the service work, and then the customer bad mouths you.

If you make it work, customer is happy, Ford pays you, and the customer tells his friends you help.

probably because you’re one of the good ones :) Not all are like that, but I know of that impartial not to revisit because of this occurring to me and then putting it on the warranty file. Ended up paying out of pocket because no one seemed interested in finding out the truth.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I think you have a nearly perfect vehicle when it comes to weight/handling/power ratio.

If it were me I'd just do Gears, LTH and good Tune and enjoy the heck out of it.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you have a nearly perfect vehicle when it comes to weight/handling/power ratio.

If it were me I'd just do Gears, LTH and good Tune and enjoy the heck out of it.
I’ll do gears, but the big turbo for the Fiesta comes tomorrow. Gotta pick up the mail before the old lady gets wise.....

mjc1241

Established Member
1) 4.11 gears - I believe that Angrey has 4.09 gears (he had his treated as well)
2) Carbon fiber driveshaft
3) Lightweight battery - I have the Fathouse Fab set up
4) B Line Motorsports resonated catless test pipes - I had Shifteck but took them off because they were too raspy. Resonated pipes should be here next next. Maybe 10 horsepower less than long tubes without the cost plus install.
5) E85 and tune
Should really wake the car up.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That is a great list. I’m surprised more guys haven’t swapped in 4.30s to 4.56s!
My ‘01 Cobra had 4.30s and could’ve taken more. This is a 8250rpm lower torque motor in a heavier chassis, it needs mechanical advantage.
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
All that weight reduction wont be equal to simply adding a power adder. If u dropped 200 lbs from ur car that's like adding 30 hp. I just don't see the point.

Save up and put a blower or Turbo kit on it. By the time u have spent all the Money reducing weight ur half way there to a power adder.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, but for those that won’t add boost or actually HPDE track them, the lists above will just help get the most out of it.
-J

mjc1241

Established Member
That is a great list. I’m surprised more guys haven’t swapped in 4.30s to 4.56s!
My ‘01 Cobra had 4.30s and could’ve taken more. This is a 8250rpm lower torque motor in a heavier chassis, it needs mechanical advantage.
-J
There is a gentleman on Mustang6g that did do a 4.56 gear swap in. Actually he's swapped and tested a few different ratios. Very detailed write up for each. His user name is JohnVallo.

Users who are viewing this thread