GT350 vs Hellcat

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Just lol at the HellKitty fangurls in here... 3700lbs/500whp = 7.4 vs. 4550lbs(passenger included)/640whp = 7.1

Very simple arithmetic for the mathematically challenged...

That's a very close weight : power ratio... regardless of other variables like torque and gearing, really not that hard to conceive that the modded GT350 could've got the slight hit on the stock Hellcat, and then by 130 the Hellcat only had a half a car on him and pulling.

And for people going on about torque... what is this, 1969? Lol go race a 2500lb Honda with 400whp and 2xxlb/ft tq and watch it take your land yacht with "650lb/ft tq"'s lunch money.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Just lol at the HellKitty fangurls in here... 3700lbs/500whp = 7.4 vs. 4550lbs(passenger included)/640whp = 7.1

That's a very close weight : power ratio... regardless of other variables like torque and gearing, really not that hard to conceive that the modded GT350 could've got the slight hit on the stock Hellcat, and then by 130 the Hellcat only had a half a car on him and pulling.

And for people going on about torque... what is this, 1969? Lol go race a 2500lb Honda with 400whp and 2xxlb/ft tq and watch it take your land yacht with "650lb/ft tq"'s lunch money.

Kaneda?

Silbult14

Established Member
Torque does feel good, especially at relatively low rpm, but it's not the god of performance or racing. If torque was truly king we would all be racing diesels. The only reason Audi won in prototype racing was because the rules were written to favor diesels at that time. So long as the bottom end stays together and you have sufficient airflow and a stable valve train, rpm = horsepower. The Coyote series engines have plenty of rpm in spite of a less than ideal bore to stroke ratio.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

LOL at the fangurl comments. It's called being realistic. I've had 2 modded GT500's(TVS swaps), 04 cobra, and 3 lightnings, I'm hardly a ford hater. That said my factory stock other than DR's Hellkitty went 10.67 @ 129. Pretty sure I'd walk a modded 350 from a roll, and just plain embarrass it from a dig. I only roll with red key.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Ones a hellcat the other an srt392

2b06882a844cb3820c59005bc771b4ad.jpg

02916a0d6d03423ad2ed6e66e5808460.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
double post....

Attachments

• 2b06882a844cb3820c59005bc771b4ad.jpg
    2b06882a844cb3820c59005bc771b4ad.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 02916a0d6d03423ad2ed6e66e5808460.jpg
    02916a0d6d03423ad2ed6e66e5808460.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 291

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
LOL at the fangurl comments. It's called being realistic. I've had 2 modded GT500's(TVS swaps), 04 cobra, and 3 lightnings, I'm hardly a ford hater. That said my factory stock other than DR's Hellkitty went 10.67 @ 129. Pretty sure I'd walk a modded 350 from a roll, and just plain embarrass it from a dig. I only roll with red key.

I agree.

You should expect that people take wins on the street too serious and if they manage to beat a car that would otherwise destroy them, it becomes a normal feeling and they then deep down believe the outcome was as it should be.

Whippled3v

Established Member
My GT350 ran right with a bolt on coyote that went 11.6@119+ when it was stock. I've seen stock hellcats trap low-mid 12x at the same track. Add the cat deletes/E85 tune plus an 8500+ rev limiter and it can absolutely hang with a stock hellcat, especially one with a passenger. I think I'd stand a decent chance of beating an M6 with a mediocre driver, unfortunately all the local HC's are either modded or don't race.

Again... I lost, he was faster, but it took him some time to get ahead. It's simple power to weight like mentioned above, it's not like I came in here claiming I pulled him.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
My GT350 ran right with a bolt on coyote that went 11.6@119+ when it was stock. I've seen stock hellcats trap low-mid 12x at the same track. Add the cat deletes/E85 tune plus an 8500+ rev limiter and it can absolutely hang with a stock hellcat, especially one with a passenger. I think I'd stand a decent chance of beating an M6 with a mediocre driver, unfortunately all the local HC's are either modded or don't race.

Again... I lost, he was faster, but it took him some time to get ahead. It's simple power to weight like mentioned above, it's not like I came in here claiming I pulled him.

Here’s a power/weight reminder for the hellcat fanboys

Well that solves it. All you need is an 8500+ redline to beat anything.

The best mph my two TVS 640-650 RHWP GT500's went was 131. My factory stock Hellcat has been 129. That tells you gearing through the 8sp can overcome a lot of weight disadvantage. Plus I roll with the RED KEY.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Here’s a power/weight reminder for the hellcat fanboys

So at 2:14 you can see the Mustang spinning those big o' Hoosiers all over the road, yet the 1000+ whp HC can't seem to break his 305 drag radials loose.
Yep, that looks legit.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So at 2:14 you can see the Mustang spinning those big o' Hoosiers all over the road, yet the 1000+ whp HC can't seem to break his 305 drag radials loose. Hummmm

Quit using logic fanboy.

Any modded GT350's in Louisana want to get it on? I'm down.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Well that solves it. All you need is an 8500+ redline to beat anything.

The best mph my two TVS 640-650 RHWP GT500's went was 131. My factory stock Hellcat has been 129. That tells you gearing through the 8sp can overcome a lot of weight disadvantage. Plus I roll with the RED KEY.

That's cool but this is from a roll, Hellcats do not trap 129 around here so I imagine my GT350 would be mid 12x wherever you are. And again, I LOST this race, but revving that high into the powerband with the voodoo does make a difference. Idk why you've mentioned the red key twice now. If this HC had the black key he would've gotten walked, you can't be that naïve.

I really dig Hellcat's, I'd like to own a charger one day, but they're pigs. My buddy in the video now has a 426 stroker with a 4.5 whipple making 1200 whp boost only and still couldn't break a 150 trap.

So at 2:14 you can see the Mustang spinning those big o' Hoosiers all over the road, yet the 1000+ whp HC can't seem to break his 305 drag radials loose. Hummmm

Weight. Hellcat is 4500+ lbs with factory subs in the trunk. And my hoosiers were worn with no burnout. Those QTP's needed a little smoke to hook even a roll. I ordered 275 Pro's right after this race lol. I've hooked 900 whp in 2nd gear on 305/35/19 ET streets in the coyote before.

The HC is a good friend of mine, he was one of the first to spray. There's a video out there somewhere of it making 1021 whp on the same shot right before this race.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That's cool but this is from a roll, Hellcats do not trap 129 around here so I imagine my GT350 would be mid 12x wherever you are. And again, I LOST this race, but revving that high into the powerband with the voodoo does make a difference. Idk why you've mentioned the red key twice now. If this HC had the black key he would've gotten walked, you can't be that naïve.

I really dig Hellcat's, I'd like to own a charger one day, but they're pigs. My buddy in the video now has a 426 stroker with a 4.5 whipple making 1200 whp boost only and still couldn't break a 150 trap.

Weight. Hellcat is 4500+ lbs with factory subs in the trunk. And my hoosiers were worn with no burnout. Those QTP's needed a little smoke to hook even a roll. I ordered 275 Pro's right after this race lol. I've hooked 900 whp in 2nd gear on 305/35/19 ET streets in the coyote before.

The HC is a good friend of mine, he was one of the first to spray. There's a video out there somewhere of it making 1021 whp on the same shot right before this race.

You've mentioned the high revving capabilities of the Voodoo many times now also. don't they all rev high, because they make little power down low? Hopefully you've pumped up the GT350 owners around here to flex some muscle. I could use the extra cash.

Whippled3v

Established Member
You've mentioned the high revving capabilities of the Voodoo many times now also. don't they all rev high, because they make little power down low? Hopefully you've pumped up the GT350 owners around here to flex some muscle. I could use the extra cash.

Just saying from a roll it does help, especially when you stay that much higher in the powerband between shifts. They're turds on the strip though, gearing is too long and you have to hit 4th RIGHT before crossing the traps. But the cat deletes/E85 and weight advantage is what made the difference, not the extra revs. If I were stock and he didn't have a passenger, it would have obviously been worse.

Zemedici

Established Member

If a hellcat is not spinning, it doesnt make enough power. Our shop hellcat will spin a 15" ET Street R on the street......

Come on down to Atlanta, and run some hellcats. We'll have video. :)

Whippled3v

Established Member
If a hellcat is not spinning, it doesnt make enough power. Our shop hellcat will spin a 15" ET Street R on the street......

Come on down to Atlanta, and run some hellcats. We'll have video. :)

That one was honestly making over 1000 whp and hooked a 20” radial in 2nd, idk what else to tell you lol. If you’ve ran ET streets before then you should understand. Like I said, my coyote with much less weight in the rear can hook 900 whp on one.

Any stock motor HC will still get pulled. This one is much, much faster now. He has plans to be top 3 fastest this year. I don’t need to travel to get beat by one lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
That one was honestly making over 1000 whp and hooked a 20” radial in 2nd, idk what else to tell you lol. If you’ve ran ET streets before then you should understand. Like I said, my coyote with much less weight in the rear can hook 900 whp on one.

Any stock motor HC will still get pulled. This one is much, much faster now. He has plans to be top 3 fastest this year. I don’t need to travel to get beat by one lol.

Who is it?

Whippled3v

Established Member
Who is it?

Last name Guthrie, AJ with hemi tuner has the car right now. 426 BES stroker, 4.5 Whipple, spray. Getting a custom 4l80E trans, rotor upgrade on the whipple, and some other goodies right now. Made ~1200 whp boost only with a 4.0 upper last year. He kept breaking built 6060's at 1/2 mile events.

He's stubborn and wants to keep the factory subs and front seats though lol I think it was over 5000 lbs at full weight with him in it (9" rear, cage, etc.). AJ is trying to talk him into a minitub.

Users who are viewing this thread