GT350 to remain with GT500 thru at least 2021

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Had a great opportunity to tour the Romeo Niche engine line, with Ford being great enough to send down an engineer in a GT500 to show off.
She was greatful to share details and wouldn’t commit to how long the S550 production would continue, but she and the plant manager said 350 will remain as long as 500 does, with the Voodoo 5.2 production to continue under contract with the 5.2 Predator thru at least 2021 MY.
Just FYI.
-J

KBBoss302

Established Member
Very interesting! I was wondering myself if 2020 was going to be the last year of the 350 because I am contemplating ordering one.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very cool. Most envious. Hoping they would end production of the GT350 to prevent me from upgrading. They let you take any pics?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool. Most envious. Hoping they would end production of the GT350 to prevent me from upgrading. They let you take any pics?
Yes, amazing experience. They limit tour sizes but we should do an SVTP tour @SID297.
I will tell you 90% of the employees stopped to talk about what they do and lit up hearing about our rides and the beasts their hard work power.
I’m editing the pics tonight while watching my Colts try to upset KC and will upload later.
This little gem fell in my pocket:
0209A9C0-6A72-4DC2-B823-CAD3F36FABA5.jpeg

-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My 2020 twister orange was built last week, on the 30th.

Should have it in 2-3 weeks
Well you’ll have a killer hand assembled bullet made by craftsmen with pride.
I’m a big fan of the 350 and the upgrades shared between the two 5.2 iterations have made the Voodoo that much stronger. I’d say bring on the boost, but it’s great NA. I’d keep it NA for a full year if I had one (and I’ve really debated getting one over the 500).
We look forward to seeing your car, that orange is awesome.
-J

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, amazing experience. They limit tour sizes but we should do an SVTP tour @SID297.
I will tell you 90% of the employees stopped to talk about what they do and lit up hearing about our rides and the beasts their hard work power.
I’m editing the pics tonight while watching my Colts try to upset KC and will upload later.
This little gem fell in my pocket:View attachment 1602856
-J
Awesome! Can’t wait!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This little gem fell in my pocket:View attachment 1602856
-J

I plan on spending more time in Detroit next year, so that is a possibility.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I’m a big fan of the 350 and the upgrades shared between the two 5.2 iterations have made the Voodoo that much stronger. I’d say bring on the boost, but it’s great NA. I’d keep it NA for a full year if I had one (and I’ve really debated getting one over the 500).
-J

Dave has a sweet ride coming for sure.

I am in the same boat Jay. It is well-known Ford saves the best for last and the 350 keeps getting better. I've been watching from the side lines and getting more and more tempted. It would make an excellent corner carver. I would keep the 14. I just can't get rid of it with the GB paint and glass roof. It just screams old school big-block Shelby to me. But these 350s are really tempting.

Tom

Drewsky65

Established Member
Kind of happy and I guess you can say sad the 350 will stay in production. I like the fact that the two Shelby’s will be available at the same time once again, and the differences will keep them apart. Mainly the obvious being manual vs auto and other factors like a unique flat plane crank vs a supercharged power house. It will keep the values strong on the 350s down the road. If that matters to anyone. (Don’t ever plan on selling mine so not a huge deal for me) also a “track focused” car vs a drag focused car. Granted the new 500 will make a better lap time more than likely.. actually for sure likely. The sad part being the GT350s won’t be as rare down the road, After 2021 there should be 20-25k ish 350s produced. The terminator has far less than that because the s197 came out after the 2nd year of them being out so obviously production stoped. Either way I’m happy with my 2017 gt350 and plan on keeping it. I’ve said this to myself in the past but this time it will hold! If I get another Shelby it will be added to the collection not traded for one.

HI RPM

Established Member
Glad to hear that the Shelby GT350 is staying in production a bit longer.

Pretty excited about Dave getting his twisted orange terror too. Hopefully I will be invited over for a a walk-around, when it arrives. (hint, hint, Dave invite me over)

As much as I would love to accumulate performance cars (instead of trading one for another) I will have to be content in keeping one fast horse in the stable.

Venom351R

Established Member
That's great news. I plan on buying a GT350 in early 2021 although I'll be looking at getting a used one but knowing that they will still be in production will help keep the used market value lower than what it would be if they were no longer being produced.

How do you go about being able to tour the Romeo Niche line?

Last edited:

gt350wcs

-J

gt350wcs

I have gt350 built March 2019 does that engine have all the added changes from the gt500 engines? I have read that it was reinforced.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread