GT350 Rev matching ??

Established Member
I have driven several other recent model cars and I fell in love with rev matching downshifts, really makes track use much easier and faster. I assumed my new GT350 would do this and even read some reviews that mentioned it, but it is not a option I can find. Seems so easy to implement in the car that I can't believe ford did not give us this great feature.

Any ideas on adding a down shift blip?

Cheers,
:nono:

krt22

Established Member
We shall see if they add it with the Trackey, but otherwise you need to do it the old fashion way or get the auto-blip as mentioned above

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I had this talk with my buddy on Saturday, he ordered a new Camaro and asked if the Mustangs will get auto rev matching in the future. He doesn't like it, and said he will turn it off but he likes how fast it revs so if he wants to hear the engine bark he will turn it back on and drop a gear. LOL.

I personally don't see how necessary it is, I taught my girlfriend how to heel-toe shift her Mini.

krt22

Established Member
I personally don't see how necessary it is, I taught my girlfriend how to heel-toe shift her Mini.
There is a big difference doing it on the street vs doing it while standing on the brakes at triple digit speeds.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is a big difference doing it on the street vs doing it while standing on the brakes at triple digit speeds.

Oh I completely understand, but I do find myself more consistent on the track than the street as it's always the same RPM I'm shooting for. It does take a few laps to get used to it though.

BlownAway03

Established Member
To me this is one of those features that I feel like why not include it at this point. I mean they have a freaking line lock and hill start assist, for crying out loud. Some people appreciate the Rev match feature because it's one less thing to focus on at a track, and those who don't could leave it disabled. What's wrong with that? I can't understand why some of you guys take such hardcover stances on certain small subjects as this. It detracts from the driving experience none.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don't know that I could unlearn my muscle memory to rev match, if it did it itself. Heck I struggle not to do it when driving an automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread