GT350 order, track or technology package? Decisions!

Deadheadsticker

Established Member
Hi all future Shelby GT350 owners,

Just registered today for this forum. Long time car buff with a variety of cars having come and gone.

So, I was on the line deciding between the new stingray, Jaguar F-Type, but now it is going to be a new Shelby GT350

Our local dealer is adding about 3k AdM to the price. So, I can't sleep trying to figure out what model of the "normal" GT350 to order. Since I am used to road racing and know the stingray would still be faster than the GT350 in a short straight jaunt, with the exception on a road course which has not been compared yet...what are your decision factors for the tech package over the track package or visa versa. I am leanings some what to the tech package for the sophistication and creature comfort options, but the bad guy inside me says get all of the coolers, and screw the tech��

When I was stationed in Germany, and did lots of high speed driving and did some heavy road racing with a highly modded C5Z06, and thinking of flogging this car would most definitely make me lean towards getting the track package as I would keep the revs up and want to hear that sound at cruising speeds of 160mph, 260kph, . And of course, the occasional run at Hockenheim. My order is an Oxford white with blue stripe but need to decide what package. I know I will probably not track this car, it would be nice to have som luxury, but as I stated, the racy side of me wants all of the track oriented goodies. What would you guys do? Being stateside now, I would probably be more interested in cruising. Do you think that either th track or tech package would influence the resale value?

I can't wait to see pics of your cars when you start taking delivery.

67 Fastback (sold)
69 Camaro (sold)

Thanks in advance

OP, you do realize that you changed the color of your text to one that was near transparent on a black background, yes?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I am going with tech pack, wife can't see over the passenger side dash with the Recaros in the Boss. Tech seats will raise enough for her to see out, I think.

bdub85

Established Member
It is not a choice. Track package all the way. Upgraded OEM stereos are a waste of money. Plus, you lose the Recaros in the tech package.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'll be adding Sirius and some nicer speakers to the factory stereo in the track pack. No amps or Crazy shit

Heated and cooled seats sound nice but once you've had recaros it's tough to go back

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I am going with tech pack, wife can't see over the passenger side dash with the Recaros in the Boss. Tech seats will raise enough for her to see out, I think.

Used to bring a pillow for my ex on long trips (4'11")

Lemers

Established Member
Track pack and tech pack both have magnetic suspension

Already stated...thanks for reading all the posts.

Back on Track...

I got Tech. It's my DD, I like leather, Nav, and heated seats. I go to PT early every work day and heated seats are an azz saver.

If I spent a lot of time on the track then the track package would had made since.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Already stated...thanks for reading all the posts.

Back on Track...

I got Tech. It's my DD, I like leather, Nav, and heated seats. I go to PT early every work day and heated seats are an azz saver.

If I spent a lot of time on the track then the track package would had made since.

Thanks Lemers, clearly you have the skills of a moderator.
I guess I will let my coffee settle next time I jump in a thread.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I went with the track. As much as I HATE how the mini touch screen looks with all the buttons and I like the full clean touch screen with the toggle switches below the HVAC on the Tech, I would rather have the Intergrated cooling from the factory, recaro seats, and the track pack spoiler. My car won't live on the track (1-2 times a year) and is not my daily but having the cooling components installed at the factory is a huge plus. Esepcially since the transmission coolor is intergrated into the bellhousing

I have also seen on the other forum someone with a base 15 mustang and they installed MFT into it so I am hoping at some point to be able to retrofit a full Sync 3 system once components are more available.

Deadheadsticker

Established Member
Hi guys and gals,
Thanks for the replies. I decided for the tech pack. Here is my reasoning, the tech pack comes with the same heavy duty suspension and magnetic shocks as the track pack. Additionally, from my constant research here and other forums, it appears that all of the 350's come with an engine oil cooler.

My experience with a first year C5 Z06 while stationed in Germany after having raced around Hockeheim race track numerous times as a road racer taught me to learn from experience what I needed to upgrade to make the Z a worthy road race car to hang with the GT3, and it did.

I added the Corvette T1 racing suspension and every cooler known to man from Doug Rippie Motorsports to aid in cooling.

The reason why I state aftermarket is because some concerns of people relate to the transmission cooler having a different tranny for that one cooler. I am pretty sure that the aftermarket will catch up with the de and of the customer in the future and some viable cooling options will become available.

First,I want to learn the limit of the car, like I'd did with the Z06, in order to know what areas I may need to focus on for handling and braking. I added 380mm movie brakes to the Z and also lowered it as low as possible, which helped me carve up th curves and eat up twisties on the autobahn.

I later Ted seats, because I loved driving the car with this much performance all of the time because I enjoyed all of what it had to offer. The stock Bose stereo was okay, but later on I added an aftermarket to get more luxury capabilities, navi, better sound, etc.

From what I hear the current Mustang GT and Shelby GT350, putting it politely sucks. My wife's brand new Mustang GT with shaker is absolutely horrendous, yes, I am an audio geek and listen to music at home on a Mcintosh tube setup, my ears cringe listening to the amount of compression and digital truncation of the music, I digress. Aftermarket amps and speakers will be replacing the current setup whey they become available.

I opted for the tech pack because everything is integrated, the source and auxilllary jacks in the factory amp setup will allow for an aftermarket interface, ala, DAC, which would surely be better than the sound in a factory high performance car.

So, being that the sport seats in the tech package as way better than my wife's GT, my previous Z06's, I can easily strap myself into the tech seats and if I needed, can add a harness bar like I'd did with the Z. In the end, this car will be somewhat of a daily driver, with a focus on the track, and if I need to, add the speciality cooling devices..I guess I will know after a few laps at the racetrack. Can't wait since it has been years since I left Germany and have done any road racing, soled my Z to an Air Force guy.

Adding coolers later on seem easier to me because I have done that so I opted for the tech pack, despite lacking th coolers and.crappy stereo. I was told mine won't b delivered until May. Plenty of time for me to stock up parts and to see how people are doing with the factory coolers at the race track. Sometimes factory is not good and after market is better in these areas.
Good luck all with your deliveries.

Users who are viewing this thread