GT with 525 ford racing whipple for 37k?

c6dreamvette

Established Member
Okay, I need advice...............
I have a local deal with a base GT and the 525 ford racing whipple kit on it.
The car is brand new and they want 37k thats out the door with ttl included.
The only option on the car is 373 gears.

Is this a good deal?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
So it's a base GT with 3.73 and m6? zero options otherwise? Considering the cost of the kit and labor charges, 37 is probably in the ballpark, especially if that figures in your taxes and such.

You're probably getting the car itself for right at MSRP though, which can be negotiated on a bit. I think you're close though.

c6dreamvette

Established Member
So it's a base GT with 3.73 and m6? zero options otherwise? Considering the cost of the kit and labor charges, 37 is probably in the ballpark, especially if that figures in your taxes and such.

You're probably getting the car itself for right at MSRP though, which can be negotiated on a bit. I think you're close though.

Correct base GT with m6 and 373 as the only option.
Yes the car will have a 1 year 12k mile warranty, it is a ford dealer.
I'm getting the car through x plan which is $28.xxx + $2500 rebate -26.xxx total for car without the super charger.
the charge listed for the super charger is $6800+$1600 labor with TTL it brings the price just over 37k
I think I will do it but need to sleep on it:beer:

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Correct base GT with m6 and 373 as the only option.
Yes the car will have a 1 year 12k mile warranty, it is a ford dealer.
I'm getting the car through x plan which is $28.xxx + $2500 rebate -26.xxx total for car without the super charger.
the charge listed for the super charger is $6800+$1600 labor with TTL it brings the price just over 37k
I think I will do it but need to sleep on it:beer:

It surprises me that the ford racing 525hp blower kit limits you to only a 1 year 12k mile warranty, doesnt the roush supercharger kit maintain the 3/36,oook warranty? I thought I read that somewhere. You might look into that before you pull the trigger on this car.

Bud

Established Member
Check the cost of an ASE certified tech installing the roush kit, I was quoted $640 by a dealer here that does a lot of them, but went to a custom shop for mine that charged $950 for the install. Roush supercharger kit can be had for around $5700. That will get you a 3yr 36kmile warranty and 540hp for quite a bit cheaper.

Last edited:

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
im gonna need a little help from you guys most likely. ive never done a boostapump. just ordered my blower and other goodies

PhantomX

Established Member
Sounds like your about spot on. A friend just got his base, same config as that for $26k as well. You could do the Roush blower yourself (no warranty) for $6k so that plus TTT would be about $33k-$34k so the extra few bucks to have it all done by the dealer with warranty I think is worth it.

The Roush cars are overpriced and there more then just the blower, you get suspension, brakes, wheels and other goodies that jack the price up, plus when you sell it or trade it you'll only ever get credit for a base GT which sucks because that's how the VIN's are coded. Roush gets base GT's and then does all the good stuff. I had a S3 2002 Roush and it was nice but damn expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread