GT gas mileage

Blackgeetee

Established Member
So what's everyone getting for gas mileage? On the recent trip to Ohio I calculated 27.9mpg on the highway!! I was very surprised and happy. What's everyone else getting?:beer:

BTW I still have my factory 3.27 gears....

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Damn I am only avg. around 16-18 with my 94, but that is with 65mph equaling 2950rpms for me. Damn 4 banger T-5.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
In my 98 Cobra(3.27s), I managed 29mpg until I got back into California...then it dropped to around 23mpg. It's gotta be the gas. My 88 GT is getting abou 15mpg(supercharged).

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
So what's everyone getting for gas mileage? On the recent trip to Ohio I calculated 27.9mpg on the highway!! I was very surprised and happy. What's everyone else getting?:beer:

BTW I still have my factory 3.27 gears....
Joel, ....driving in Ohio shouldn't count since it is all flat land:p
J/K, anyway, here in Western PA I am not that lucky, I usually average about 18 mpg / city , no more than 23 highway.
Too many damn hills around here:bored:

1 VET ETR

Established Member
My girlfreinds 03 GT suprised me. The highway milage is 29mpg and that was with 700 miles on the odometer. It should get better. My lightning did after the breakin. It only gets 18mpg but it is running 410rwhp. We drive the GT alot cause it is fun to drive(5spd).

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Re: Re: GT gas mileage

Originally posted by Grim's Reaper
Joel, ....driving in Ohio shouldn't count since it is all flat land:p

lol, actually I had the trunk full of luggage, a passenger, and the AC blasting too. Not bad for 10:5 compression!:beer:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
Dont know my mileage but I was wondering what octane is everyone using?

I'm using 93 but that's because of my heads. If you are stock internally and no aftermarket chip then 87 is fine for your GT.:beer:

xfordmechanic

what's up all! new guy here...
Here's a trick I learned a few years back from a GM rep.- When you fill your tank add 3/4-1 quart of ATF in the tank! Yes TANK. ATF is a cleanser as well as lubricant. I have done it as well as many friends/family. They all told me they got between 3-8 mpg increase. This trick is not for every time but maybe once a year or so. I do it when I go on a long road trip and will burn the tank in a day or two. If you add too much ATF you will get smoke at the tailpipe so try a little and see then add more next time and check the results. $.99 is better than 60 bucks at the dealer for a fuel system cleaning:thumbsup:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
how do you guys calculate your mileage?

Fill your tank to the max. Then drive about 150-250 miles. See how many gallons of gas it takes to fill up your tank. Take that number and divide it into the number of miles you have driven and there ya go.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread