Grundy vs. Heacock or ?????

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am getting new quotes on my 2014 Shelby garage queen. Sees a few thousand miles a year for club events, cruises, etc.

Anyone have any good or bad comments on Grundy, Heacock or other specialty insurer?

Thanks, Tom

brianz426

Established Member
I was with Grundy for years, no problems and very easy to deal with when adding and subtracting cars. I recently switched to Hagerty because of getting a better package deal with 7 cars (which included 150 mile towing on all my family cars too), and because of the way my friends claim was handled (perfectly). Fortunately I’ve never had a claim, which would be the real test of any company. My GT500 is on my regular insurance because I drive it regularly in good weather. You probably can’t go wrong with any of the companies mentioned.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Heacock is no longer in business. They got bought out by Care Providers Insurance Services in beautiful Cherry Hill, N.J.

As a former insurance agency owner, your coverage is much less than you may think. I've read the policy.

I am still with Cherry Hill, and they are really with a policy issued by American Modern Insurance in Ohio. Grundy was more expensive with the same poor coverage.

Good luck.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Doc,

So Cherry Hill is Heacock?

And, is there a limitation on being able to drive the vehicle to work occasionally?

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Doc,

So Cherry Hill is Heacock?

And, is there a limitation on being able to drive the vehicle to work occasionally?
Yes,
Heacock was involved early in vintage racing and is older than us. His office was in Sebring, FL. So, I am not sure why he sold but could speculate that he retired or something worse? I actually called him on the personal phone number but got No Reply (also a Beatles song) ;)

I've read the policy. It is clear that you are not to use your collector car for driving to work or for business stuff (like Uber). I had to prove that my wife and I had a car for everyday driving.

It is written so any hobby shows and events are always covered. Pleasure rides are also covered. I'd say you could drive it to work to meet me and buy my lunch (I like cheese burgers) as that would be a hobby activity. We would talk and meet principally for Cobra hobby stuff.

That said, I just now renewed by Heacock/Cherry Hill policy for another year. It is an agreed value coverage (no deprecation) for $520/ year (two cars).

Grundy and Hagerty were 50%-75% higher for mostly the same coverage. This rate will vary due to location, any previous claim, and driving record. My number was with Cherry Hill :D. Rates will vary from regions and many other things.

I think Bruce dated a girl named Cherry when he was in college...

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Yes,
Heacock was involved early in vintage racing and is older than us. His office was in Sebring, FL. So, I am not sure why he sold but could speculate that he retired or something worse? I actually called him on the personal phone number but got No Reply (also a Beatles song) ;)

I've read the policy. It is clear that you are not to use your collector car for driving to work or for business stuff (like Uber). I had to prove that my wife and I had a car for everyday driving.

It is written so any hobby shows and events are always covered. Pleasure rides are also covered. I'd say you could drive it to work to meet me and buy my lunch (I like cheese burgers) as that would be a hobby activity. We would talk and meet principally for Cobra hobby stuff.

That said, I just now renewed by Heacock/Cherry Hill policy for another year. It is an agreed value coverage (no deprecation) for $520/ year (two cars).

Grundy and Hagerty were 50%-75% higher for mostly the same coverage. This rate will vary due to location, any previous claim, and driving record. My number was with Cherry Hill :D. Rates will vary from regions and many other things.

I think Bruce dated a girl named Cherry when he was in college...

This is great feedback. Do you have a name of your rap at Cherry Hill? I am using Hagerty now but the thought of saving 50 to 75% is exciting.

Thanks
Shawn

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
This is great feedback. Do you have a name of your rep at Cherry Hill? I am using Hagerty now but the thought of saving 50 to 75% is exciting.

The new Cherry Hill owner fired all of the Sebring, FL people, or the FL people refused to move up to NJ due to the much higher tax issues? It's 800-678-5173.

Users who are viewing this thread