Griptec pulley

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Does any know what PSI level this would put a 2.3 gen 2? I'm currently on a 2.8 and only seeing 16-17 PSI. Stock longblock with headers.
What's your elevation? At sea level I was seeing 18 psi with a 3" upper. With headers it dropped to 17 psi Are getting belt slip?

I don't think boost would be different from a gen 1 to a gen 2.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Does any know what PSI level this would put a 2.3 gen 2? I'm currently on a 2.8 and only seeing 16-17 PSI. Stock longblock with headers.

Typically you get 1lb for every .1" of pulley change. Did you get switched to e85? if so give the 2.6" a try.

blownfox

Established Member
What's your elevation? At sea level I was seeing 18 psi with a 3" upper. With headers it dropped to 17 psi Are getting belt slip?

I don't think boost would be different from a gen 1 to a gen 2.

Guessing my elevation is around 1500ft

Typically you get 1lb for every .1" of pulley change. Did you get switched to e85? if so give the 2.6" a try.

Yes, finally did the E-85 switch last year! With a E-85 gas station a mile from my house it made cents. Just need to find time to install the clutch. Malcolm was great to work with!

cj428mach

Established Member
Guessing my elevation is around 1500ft

Yes, finally did the E-85 switch last year! With a E-85 gas station a mile from my house it made cents. Just need to find time to install the clutch. Malcolm was great to work with!

Sounds like its time to crank up the boost! You're going to love the new DYAD.

TP03

Established Member
Awesome so you actually ordered a 2.6 griptec. I may actually order one up and give it a try.

I appreciate the help.

Edit: per the part number you provided I found it. Might order one up! Do you have a picture of the pulley?

No problem! I looked through my phone and I never took a pic. I'll try to get a pic for you within a couple days, I'm at work and the pulley is at home.

I believe Bdubbs was seeing right around 21 psi with the 2.6" upper only. That 16-17 with a 2.8" seems a bit low? I wonder if your getting some slip. For reference, I'm currently running a 3" pulley for my 91 tune and I see a pretty solid 17 psi.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No problem! I looked through my phone and I never took a pic. I'll try to get a pic for you within a couple days, I'm at work and the pulley is at home.

I believe Bdubbs was seeing right around 21 psi with the 2.6" upper only. That 16-17 with a 2.8" seems a bit low? I wonder if your getting some slip. For reference, I'm currently running a 3" pulley for my 91 tune and I see a pretty solid 17 psi in the upper RPM range.
No worries man, I ordered one up and have a tracking number!

TP03

Established Member
No worries man, I ordered one up and have a tracking number!

Nice! Can't speak for function yet but looks wise I think you'll be happy, I know I was. It's a nice looking pulley.

blownfox

Established Member
I believe Bdubbs was seeing right around 21 psi with the 2.6" upper only. That 16-17 with a 2.8" seems a bit low? I wonder if your getting some slip. For reference, I'm currently running a 3" pulley for my 91 tune and I see a pretty solid 17 psi.

My first set up was with a 3.0 and was seeing right around 15.5 when the car was dyno. What CAI are you guys running. I have the JLT RAI and not the High boost one. Now that it is warming up here, I'll start driving the car more.

Would belt slip mess with the load, timing or AFR on these cars? Boost seems to stay around 16-17 under wot.

cj428mach

Established Member
My first set up was with a 3.0 and was seeing right around 15.5 when the car was dyno. What CAI are you guys running. I have the JLT RAI and not the High boost one. Now that it is warming up here, I'll start driving the car more.

Would belt slip mess with the load, timing or AFR on these cars? Boost seems to stay around 16-17 under wot.

I'm running a Whipple Crusher intake on my car but I think its obsolete, they now sell a silicone rubber intake like VMP does.

Belt slip will lower load as air flow decreases. As load drops typically timing will be increased and a leaner AFR will be commanded. Malcolm tuned your car so your tune is setup properly and you're good to go.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I'm also running a jlt rai.

TP03

Established Member

I'm running the Whipple crusher intake as well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Man ZPE is a great company! Two day shipping on my griptec pulley! They recommend blue loctite on the bolt threads, which I've never done

I hope it performs as good as it looks. We'll see how much belt dust it creates compared to my carbonite coated pulley. I'll likely be selling that one
IMG_20210402_183752637.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be interesting in hearing your review of the GripTec, Brady.
I'll definitely share some feedback between this one and my current setup.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anyone remember the pulley similar (?) to this one that would chew belts pretty badly? I remember it had a very abrasive inner coating. I'm curious if this is a similar and much improved design that actually works and does a great job eliminating belt slip.
It definitely has some fans.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone remember the pulley similar (?) to this one that would chew belts pretty badly? I remember it had a very abrasive inner coating. I'm curious if this is a similar and much improved design that actually works and does a great job eliminating belt slip.
I only recall Rechiard Racing? But those were grooved.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

It was Carbinite I believe, they basically just make the surface coarse like sandpaper but Griptec has nice symmetrical grooves. Had some Griptec pulleys on my E55, very nice and wanted them for my Cobra ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread