Griot's Garage - Microfiber Car Duster

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Purchased this Griot's Garage Microfiber Car Duster a couple months ago at a local car show for $20. I really like it. Its fast, light, inexpensive, and does a nice job. The rubberized material on the handle aids with your grip.

Microfiber Car Duster - Griot's Garage

I have a California Duster, but it still leaves wax deposits on the surface and they're tough to get off. Ya, I know it needs to be broken in more, but I'm not going to drag it around on the garage floor to do it - lol. Besides, the warmer the surface, the more wax deposits it leaves.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 5.33.48 AM.png

The long fibers also assist in removing dust between the tail lights and on the black vertical portion of the trunk lid. That black portion is notorious for scratching very easily.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 5.50.04 AM.png

blue 07

Established Member
THE KISS OF DEATH TO ALL PAINTED SURFACES !! You don't think all the dirt and dust just fall out of the duster do you? It stays in the duster and you keep rubbing it on your paint. You never want to rewove dust etc without using detail spray and a good lint free scratch free microfiber towel, unless you like scratches on your paint.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
THE KISS OF DEATH TO ALL PAINTED SURFACES !! You don't think all the dirt and dust just fall out of the duster do you? It stays in the duster and you keep rubbing it on your paint. You never want to rewove dust etc without using detail spray and a good lint free scratch free microfiber towel, unless you like scratches on your paint.

well said.
Detail spray and a good quality microfiber is the way. Requires slightly more effort and theres no rubber handle. All well

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
As others mention, You might reconsider using this. I know a high end detail shop in our area, where if they see one, they take it away from the owner.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I only use my California duster to remove light dust.
Don't even to THAT if you value your paint finish. These dusters retain more "debris" that you might think. I learned the hard way many years ago, and stopped using my duster. I'll never use one again. A detailer spray along with a nice, softer CLEAN microfiber cloth is the only way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread