Greetings

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
Hello everyone, I am proud to announce that I am officially part of the SVT Family finally!!!

My love of Mustang's came to around after I graduated high school in '03, and I bought a 1997 Ford Mustang GT that had a Cobra 32V DOHC V8 swapped into it. This was about my only "taste" of SVT ownership at the time. All I did to it was basic exhaust and a shifter. I always yearned to have the word "COBRA" staring back at me from the air bag, and those white faced gauges, but unfortunately this was all I could afford at the time. Fast forward about 5 years, times were tough and I had been storing the car for about 3 years until it came time for me to sell it because I moved and when you're in MN, it didn't really make sense to pay for storage for a car that I can only drive 6 months out of the year. Sold it for cheap and I cried as I watched it drive away (quite literally into the sunset). It was at that moment I vowed that I would once own an OFFICIAL SVT Cobra.

Fast forward 12 years, and a Facebook Marketplace ad caught my eye. Enough time had passed to get married, have kids and have things settle down enough financially to where the time was right, and here I am...two decades later and I finally have what my little heart has desired since high school!!!

The car is a 1997 Cobra with 17k original miles on the odometer. Completely stock. The original owner was in his 80's by the time he sold it to the guy I bought it from. Car was ordered, bought and driven down in FL for its entire life. I can tell it has been painted at least once (and not very well either) my guess is because the clear coat faded on it so he had it painted. I plan to get it professionally repainted this year and back to its former glory, as well as install some LT Headers, off-road H-pipe and some Flowmasters to get it to the sound of my old Mustang that I loved so much.

Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know all you fine people out there.

Soon as I can figure out how to add pictures on here, i'll throw some up.

Cheers!!

Cobraonr

Established Member
Welcome, 'back' to your SVT.

I'm an original owner of a very clean 98 Cobra with LT headers, off road H and 3:73 rr. Just hit 80k miles, trans is due for rebuild and heads a starting to tick. Only drove it a few miles last season.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP, Captain. Looking forward to seeing pics of your super low mileage Cobra. Okay, so I've got to ask. Where does the name Captain Fluffy Nuggies come from?

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to SVTP, Captain. Looking forward to seeing pics of your super low mileage Cobra. Okay, so I've got to ask. Where does the name Captain Fluffy Nuggies come from?
Well my gamer name from years past was always Captain Fluffy Pants, and my wife started the saying of chicken nuggies with our kids, so now I put them together. It's silly but reminds me of my kids.

How do I add photos that aren't coming from a website? Like is there any image hosting here?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome Fluffs.
I'm sure you're loving your new purchase. Feel free to ask any questions, there's a wealth of knowledge on here and we are always happy to help.
SN95s for the win.

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome Fluffs.
I'm sure you're loving your new purchase. Feel free to ask any questions, there's a wealth of knowledge on here and we are always happy to help.
SN95s for the win.
Thanks I really appreciate it. Looking for a change from all the keyboard warriors on Facebook

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting name. Just use the upload a file button if you have it for pictures.
Can you tell me which button that is? I know that when you're a new member on other forums, it takes a few posts to unlock that feature.

I see the smiley button, the picture button (which only lets me upload something from a website), a film reel button and the + button. Which button is it?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Can you tell me which button that is? I know that when you're a new member on other forums, it takes a few posts to unlock that feature.

I see the smiley button, the picture button (which only lets me upload something from a website), a film reel button and the + button. Which button is it?

Attachments

• B79CCCEC-C1F4-428C-8331-DA14A9663932.png
    B79CCCEC-C1F4-428C-8331-DA14A9663932.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 120

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
All good. Y’all might have issues depending on the file size. The app will resize it for you. I usually use that for uploading pictures.

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_2186 2.jpg

I wish it would let me upload some videos I have of it too, but it says the file type isn't supported.

The driver's side seat track was getting stuck and weak, so I bought CJ Pony Part's replacement seat track repair kit for it, fixed it right up.

Next I removed the severely illegal and very bubbled and outdated window tint.

I've since installed the seat track extension bars, and a set of the Raxiom sequential turn signals in the rear.

This summer will come the Saleen style replica rims with drag radials. LT's, off-road H-pipe, Flowmaster 40's, polished tips, Eibach lowering springs, and 4.10 gears and hopefully the paint job it deserves. That'll last me for the time being until I really want to give her some power. Plus my wife just bought an 07 Shelby GT500 with an advertised 636 RWHP so I have someone to go cruising with this summer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well my gamer name from years past was always Captain Fluffy Pants, and my wife started the saying of chicken nuggies with our kids, so now I put them together. It's silly but reminds me of my kids.

How do I add photos that aren't coming from a website? Like is there any image hosting here?
Well now that's pretty cool. Something that reminds you of your kids is a GOOD thing.

Nice Cobra. Really nice!

Users who are viewing this thread