Greater LA area fun roads

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Hey Cali folks!

I am in Arizona and will be making yet another trip out to Fab Fords Forever. Every other year I didn't do much exploring however this year I wanted to go on a cruise since I will be getting into town early Friday.

I spent a lot of time in Santa Monica, Marina del rey, Manhattan beach over the years and those are great areas but im looking for more twisty roads to drive.

I was thinking Mullholland Snake or turnbull canyon rd since it wont be too far from Buena Park. I don't want to drive for hours and hours since I haven't done many miles on my new build this has me questioning Mullholland.

anyone have suggestions on where else there are some fun roads not too far from Buena Park

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Up highway 39 into the mountains above the 210 freely. You can drive straight up to crystal lake and back down. Or from highway 39 heading north, you hang a right on east fork road then another right on Glendora mountain road aka, GMR. Those are a lot more twisty than muholland and probably closer too. I’m sure if you YouTube GRM you’ll find vids. I usually go at night for some spirited driving adventures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Looks like I go past Turnbull canyon, and GMR looks fun for sure! How about the quality of roads? Im going with a few other guys and one guy has super super low headers about 2" off the ground. hes afraid of scraping. I say its all part of the game lol. but he is curious.

Appreciate the recommendation. and yeah its closer than Mulholland.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Turnbuckle is kinda weak. It’s like 2 hair pin turns and your done. The roads are ok. Not a lot a huge potholes. Lots of lowered cars go up there all the time. If you go straight up 39 there’s a big open paved lot with a tree in the middle where people take a break and hang out. At the top of GMR there’s another little dirt area where GMR meets Baldy road. That’s a popular hangout area as well. GMR is much steeper and twister than highway 39. My friend has taken his slammed 03 cobra up there with 1/2” engine spacers and never scraped his big long tubes. He only rubs his tires on the wheel wells and that’s probably cuz they’re 18x10 wheels up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Turnbuckle is kinda weak. It’s like 2 hair pin turns and your done. The roads are ok. Not a lot a huge potholes. Lots of lowered cars go up there all the time. If you go straight up 39 there’s a big open paved lot with a tree in the middle where people take a break and hang out. At the top of GMR there’s another little dirt area where GMR meets Baldy road. That’s a popular hangout area as well. GMR is much steeper and twister than highway 39. My friend has taken his slammed 03 cobra up there with 1/2” engine spacers and never scraped his big long tubes. He only rubs his tires on the wheel wells and that’s probably cuz they’re 18x10 wheels up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome man. Thanks a ton for this. Will you be going to Fab Fords?

Users who are viewing this thread