Greater L.A. -- 2003 Cobras w/Kenne Bell

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I plan to do something for additional power soon. I really like PModdie's new power, but I want to be sure I give the KB proper consideration. I have been reading the posts, and a KB person from another part of the country has privately raved on the KB after a couple of months of use.

I'd be interested in:
How long you have had the KB?
Any install or maintainability issues.
Whether you run the 1/4 mile and how hard it has been to get the additional power to hook.
WHETHER, KNOWING WHAT YOU NOW KNOW, YOU WOULD DO IT AGAIN.
If you are comfortable posting, everyone gets the benefit of your input. If not, I'd appreciate a PM.
thanks
JW

stang99

Catted x-pipe and a smaller pulley with an idler. Take it back to Danny and get a new tune=more power. Don't ask me how I know that a smaller pulley will give more power because I'd have to explain the assembly lube that is permanently part of my hands right now. I could have used young Walker this afternoon as it was almost all that an elderly gentleman could do to get the pulley formerly know as the "stock" pulley off the car by myself. But, it is now all back together and waiting to go to grudge night to see if it is so lean that it will explode the engine.
It is very hot today and the wind is blowing. I will run my street F1's to see if the car has any trap speed available now. I am too tired to put the Nittos on the car. ;-)

stang99

Rotten time at the track. Slower than before ET wise. No 12's. Should have run the Nittos or stayed home. Trap speeds slow, but 2 mph better than Chevy vs Ford off of miserable 60' times. Ckutch and TOB about to explode in bell housing. Depression setting in about car. Considering alternatives to Cobra that mostly feature automatic trannys and lots of load capacity. Must log off of computer and drink until I fall asleep.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
drinking is bad...but i guess you're old enough to make that decision. sorry bout the crappy track day, but its been hotter then hell, so what else is new about lacr?
no worries bro, you'll get there, just give it a lil time

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
What do you think, guys?

No KB's in SoCal? :shrug:

No interest in sharing info on KB's in SoCal? l :??:

Everybody on 3 day vacation and many responses will appear on Tuesday :-D

Questions have already been answered and I should research more? :read:

Move the question to the Terminator Forum you twit! :loser:

JW :lol:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Rotten time at the track. Slower than before ET wise. No 12's. Should have run the Nittos or stayed home. Trap speeds slow, but 2 mph better than Chevy vs Ford off of miserable 60' times. Ckutch and TOB about to explode in bell housing. Depression setting in about car. Considering alternatives to Cobra that mostly feature automatic trannys and lots of load capacity. Must log off of computer and drink until I fall asleep.

Well, since no KB owners in SoCal want to spill guts, let's talk about Tetge's track experiences ha ha
JW

Tetge,
How were comparitive times? Were any of the regulars there?

Sounds like a bummer...

JW

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i've seen a kb once. ;-) we should hit ruben (rdsz) up for sure for the kb questions. i'm sure i saw at least one other KoBra at the b2b cruise.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Maybe I will repost the question out in the Terminator Forum. But I like our little regional forum -- except when we get NO responses to a question.
The one person 'not out here' who yaks at me about the KB said
'Always before, within a couple of days of any mod I was thinking about the next mod. Two months after the KB, I have no urge for more power.'
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
He does kb installs on cobras???
dude really?
guess what Im gonna do after i file my taxes :)

:lol: LMAO :lol:

Yes he does. That's my last option u know ;-) but Swanson can do it bro. Thats were id seen the Lightning get its KB install & one KB taken out to sell to some one else.

Also the KB i think was 3500 or some thing like that. Fairly priced id say but not sure on the install. :eek:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Yes, yes, jonas...Get the KB while I wait for the Works ;-) .

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I don't know dookie (obviously) about this, but they would need to buy the intercooler schtuff? Or just do without?
Maybe we can strap the Eaton on the 1994 F150 longbed pickumup ...

JW

Users who are viewing this thread