Great to meet the Mid-Atlantic crew

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
It was great to finally meet Greg, Doug, and Chris this weekend at VIR with NASA Mid-Atlantic. The rain held off for the most part and we had some great laps. I set a new personal best with a 2:06.

And if Chris reads this -- thanks for the late pass in the wet stuff at T1 this morning. I hope I didn't scare you or anything. I appreciate you running today, but it was a moot point. Pete packed up the FR500 and left, so we only had 4 in TTA which meant my 2nd place did not get a tire.

BTW, to dispell any rumors, Doug is not a 300lb fat man wearing a coconut bra. Quite the opposite, LOL.

Catch you guys later,

-Kevin

wheelhopper

Established Member
Hey, you're going to blow my cover!

Kevin it was good to meet you and put a face with the name. We lucked out this weekend for the weather, compared to what was being predicted the day or two before. After the first couple run groups the weather dried up, so did the track, and we ran good for the rest of the day. Unfortuneately I ran with my rain tires, BFG KDWs, in the dry. They do not stick near as well as old NT01s. My lap times were terrible. But I did manage to stay on track. There were about 10 offs this morning when the rain was coming down.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Did you see the Miata in HPDE 3 that hit the tire wall between T3 and T4 AFTER the Checkered Flag this afternoon?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Great to finally meet you Kevin. You and Morris have some sweet Vettes there. It would conflict with my upbringing, but if I had the $$$........ :rollseyes

Great times you were turning, for being cold there was surprisingly good traction. Of course I had to run with my heater on full blast having the top down. Brrrr.

Did you see the RX8 that also also hit the tire wall on Sat? Ouch!

Oh, and at least the guy in Doug's avatar wouldn't spend 1/2 hour using hair care products in the motel room.

Last edited:

GR40Must

Established Member
Greg it was great to see you and very happy no one I knew had any major issues. Looking forward to the warmer winds of Sumitt in a few weeks.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread