GREAT NEWS!!!!!!About production....Talked to SVT, they are great people!

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
I just got off the phone with a rep. from Ford SVT. The guy there was very nice and polite. I asked him about my Purchase order, and he was not allowed to give me the info, only the dealer can do that.

But, here is the good part. I asked him if there was going to be a couple week delay or couple months delay. WELL, he stated there was a delay, they were doing a quilty Hold...Quailty Hold Delay. And they were going to start shipping monday!!!!!!

So I guess thats good news for some...

I edited this post, iI meant to say Quality Hold , not check!

Last edited:

Video

Established Member
I spoke with my dealer this morning...I had a build date of 10/7, but now its been pushed back to the week of 10/21....(this coming week) we'll see if this one holds..........:dw:

I tell ya, Im gettin so used to bad news that I almost expect it......well, thanx for the incouraging info, hope is a good thing wright?

djax

Established Member
Was this delay just a shipping delay or a production hold?
My build date is 10/18, today. While my down payment too continues to grow, it is hard to keep my wife out of it.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
They stated Quality check, I guess it was both! And I ASSUME those secret pictures that guy took was part of that quailty check.

But if there was a problem with the vehicles I do not think they would tell me about it, so I believe I got the Rated G version.

But at least I got an answer...an encouraging one!

My order was recieved 10-9-2002, but no information concerning the production day. But I have my order number, if any one has access to the production schedule.

Last edited:

wuplash

Established Member
that is some great news as my cobra has been built and just sitting up there on the lot since sep 28th was released to the convoy on the 30th. i sure hope it ships monday or sometime early next week:-D

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I know how you feel Wuplash, mine's probably right next to yours. Sucks waiting when you know your car is built doesn't it?

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Mines next to both of yers,,,,released from plant 9.30. but it could be another two weeks, depending if the car has to go back through the plant.......

Silver 03 Cobra

Everyone on this board well before May went through the same thing with quality holds. The one key thing that held up over rumors and speculation was that when we called SVT about the hold issues what they said were always dead-on correct. No BS. The will ship Monday. I got the word on mine and it popped up the very next Monday at the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SonicSnake
I know how you feel Wuplash, mine's probably right next to yours. Sucks waiting when you know your car is built doesn't it?

yea it does.i hope the bird gods were kind to our cars just sitting out like that.within a week of getting my cobra it will go to ziebart for the diamond gloss paint protection package so the moonbeams will bounce off it and light up the whole sky:-D

2003blackcobra

Established Member
I have a 2003 black cobra built on sept 24th and still waiting. I guess it is sitting next to your too. I was suposed to get it on sept 30th, then oct 14th and now?????? anyday the dealer tells me.

Users who are viewing this thread