Great deals soon on all Fords

NickF1011

Established Member
I would imagine they had at least some time to move most of their new vehicle stock elsewhere before the flooding. At least you would hope.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Actually they had no time to move anything. My F350 was down there getting some warranty work done. I just picked it up today. Luckily my truck was parked in the back of the lot in about the best place it could have been. The water was up to the bottom of the front bumper and about 1/3 up the rear tires. I was very lucky compared to most of their inventory. There was a 2011 F350 XLT Lariat, crew cab, that I was mldly working a deal out on. That truck had water up to the door handle in the flood. The owners son, Mark Bortnick, is a friend of mine. He told me that any car that had any water on the inside is getting cleared out and they are not selling. The amazint part is that you almost could not tell any car was in a flood from the outside. The interior was a different story.

If you play this news clip and pause it at the 21 second mark, you'll see my truck at the far left of the screen
[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkz7al_flash-floods-force-evacuations-in-prince-george-s_news"]Dailymotion - Flash Floods Force Evacuations in Prince George's - a News & Politics video[/ame]

The covertible that is nearly covered is about 50' in front of my truck. It is a Terminator. I'll get pics tomorrow. The white SUV next to the Terminator is a brand new Explorer.

wheelhopper

Established Member
The dealers insurance is covering their inventory. They are planning to be open Monday. If you had your car there for service it is up to your own insurance. That would have sucked paying the $500 deductible.

Here is another pic. My truck is out of the pic but is to the right of the flat bed in the upper right of the pic. At the lower right is the convertible Terminator that was in the vid.
Underwater - PHOTOS: Severe weather floods the region - Pictures | WJLA.com

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I sure hope the insurance covers these peeps. Most companies don't cover flood, especially when you aren't in an official flod plain. There's a zone called the 100 year flood plain. Because the chances are so slim, many don't opt for it. Need riders and most don't buy it.

wheelhopper

Established Member
The dealer believes that the flood was caused by the state not keeping the storm drains clear, since the flood came from the street and not the water ways that run from behind the shopping center. Also they have never had flood issues there since they owned it for 25 years.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Eco Boost. Blue flame metallic FX4 supercrew, fully loaded. It's pretty bad-a$$. Rides like my 06 Navi did. Since it's my mobile office I need comfort. The Sync is easy to work with and I don't fiddle with my phone like I used to. All voice commands. Apple Ford becuase it's close (20 min), oil changes for life, car wash for life, tech sessions every month, etc. Sorry Bruce, just couldn't beat these beni's.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Schweet. Sounds awesome. That's pretty much what I was hoping my dad would upgrade to, but my parents went and bought a CRV :bored:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Couldn't get the touch screen nav because of the problems in Japan. The units with nav now are the first off the lot, not what I wanted. They are saying 6+ months if I want to do their Sony nav system later.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Scott, what kind of mileage are you getting out of that thing? My parents are thinking about getting one to replace my Mom's Rav-4 so they can tow a camper. It would be her DD.

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
its fine scott,, my dad has a tux black fx4 eb hes driving now ,,, its nice for towing , getting like 15-18mpg with boat ,, steering takes a little getting used to,,

Users who are viewing this thread