Grabber Blue production ending early

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
My dealer sent me a text last week and said my car was scheduled, to call him for more info. When I called, he said he had double good news. Not only was my car scheduled, but mine was probably going to be the last grabber blue Mustang produced. He explained that a couple weeks ago they had called the regional rep to check on my order because it has been in the banks since May and nothing had been scheduled. The rep said that grabber blue is being phased out early, and everything that was going to be built that color was already built or scheduled. He said he'd see what he could do because the order had been on the books in plenty of time. Supposedly he was able tack my car on to the final week of grabber blue production. Interesting story. It will be cool if true, but I took it with a grain of salt. I was just happy to hear I was scheduled.

Now comes the twist, since then I've been unable to confirm a build date or VIN, which has me a bit more worried than I have been to this point.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Perhaps Madlock or Iceman might know if GB is truly ending early. I may have to call Ford Performance Group about my VIN. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My dealer sent me a text last week and said my car was scheduled, to call him for more info. When I called, he said he had double good news. Not only was my car scheduled, but mine was probably going to be the last grabber blue Mustang produced. He explained that a couple weeks ago they had called the regional rep to check on my order because it has been in the banks since May and nothing had been scheduled. The rep said that grabber blue is being phased out early, and everything that was going to be built that color was already built or scheduled. He said he'd see what he could do because the order had been on the books in plenty of time. Supposedly he was able tack my car on to the final week of grabber blue production.

Interesting story. It will be cool if true, but I took it with a grain of salt. I was just happy to hear I was scheduled. Now comes the twist, since then I've been unable to confirm a build date or VIN, which has me a bit more -J worried than I have been to this point.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. Perhaps Madlock or Iceman might know if GB is truly ending early. I may have to call Ford Performance Group about my VIN. Wish me luck!

That is pretty cool, good luck!
-J (Former Grabber Blue '69 Mach 1-clone owner)
:beer:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I just hope someone can confirm mine is getting built at all. With the VIN still MIA, I hope I'm not SOL.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
While I can't confirm Grabber Blue is being phased out, I can tell you it's very hard to find. I've been searching hard for a 2014 Grabber Blue Shelby and it's been mostly a failure. One nearby dealer won't sell his (he wants to keep it for his stable), and I found another but it maybe a pre-sold (will find out tomorrow morning).

My current ride is a naked 2011 Shelby and I want to trade it in for a new one. At this rate of frustration, I may end up keeping it. Dealers think this car is a collectable or something. One had the audacity to mark up the price above msrp.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
mustang--Hope your GB comes through.

big ole--I was looking like crazy for one in inventory and had no luck while waiting for my VIN to show up. There are very few out there.

Makes me really grateful I have a GB being built next week with a VIN.

Tom

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
While I can't confirm Grabber Blue is being phased out, I can tell you it's very hard to find. I've been searching hard for a 2014 Grabber Blue Shelby and it's been mostly a failure. One nearby dealer won't sell his (he wants to keep it for his stable), and I found another but it maybe a pre-sold (will find out tomorrow morning).

My current ride is a naked 2011 Shelby and I want to trade it in for a new one. At this rate of frustration, I may end up keeping it. Dealers think this car is a collectable or something. One had the audacity to mark up the price above msrp.

I know where to find one. 55K and it can be yours ;-)

As far as 13s were concerned it was the second least produced color and I believe there were 8 or 16 (I forget) stripe deletes...but any car can be made a stripe delete to an extent.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
It is a little surprising that more Shelby's were not ordered in this color. It's an attention "grabber". You can see the grabber blue coming from a mile away.

Grabber blue was always my favorite color from 1970 Boss. I really wanted a 2013 Boss in that color and Ford had to go an screw that up by offering School Bus yellow! Dang it! Guess I'll take two ;)

This thing better hurry up and come in before they pack the track up in moth balls because I want to drive it!

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Funny as rare a the Grabber Blue is, there is two coupes in my area about an hour Nirth of here. One has white stripes and the other blk, the color just really pops in person!

TFStang

Established Member
O man!!!! Now you have me worried as I ordered my GB after you ordered yours.

Now I am having a hard time getting a call back from my dealer.

Worried!

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
O man!!!! Now you have me worried as I ordered my GB after you ordered yours.

Now I am having a hard time getting a call back from my dealer.

Worried!

Order date doesn't really play a huge roll in schedule date (there are other factors that play a larger roll in it), so I wouldn't let that fact worry you too much. If you have your DORA, call 800-FORD-SVT and they can confirm if you have a build date. You'll need the dealer number and order number. Good Luck! I hope yours gets built, too! Even if it means mine is not the last.:beer:

Upheval

American Muscle Lover
Established Member
Good luck on getting your rides! As far as the color being an attention "Grabber", lol, my wife says everyone looks at it and about a third of those take pictures.

The dealer where I ordered my unit has a order for Grabber-Blue behind my uint.
My unit was built on 8/12/13 & they just received the allocation for the Grabber -Blue unit.
It will be built from what my salesman told me this week.
He sold the unit to me & the Grabber-Blue to a Lady in a town about 60 miles futher south in Louisiana.
Her Grabber -Blue Shelby/White Stripes[all options] is going to be dropped off by Ford[Coursity Drop Off] to Shelby America in Las-Vegas for the Wide Body performance up grade to it.
They will pick it up in Vegas & have a pleasure trip driving it back home.
This lady ordered her 2014 Shelby about a month after me.
So her unit is about to be schuled for production[Grabber-Blue] Nice color combo.
My unit is Ruby-Red[coupe] ETA around 9/7/13.

Last edited by a moderator:

big_ole_truck

Established Member
big ole--I was looking like crazy for one in inventory and had no luck while waiting for my VIN to show up. There are very few out there.

Tom

It was purely coincidental I found two exactly the same, perfectly equipped the way I want it (all option except glass roof) Grabber Blue Shelby with black stripes. I'll find out tomorrow if I can buy it (dealer is waiting word from the ordering dealer if it's a presold unit).

I know where to find one. 55K and it can be yours ;-)

I want a change from a naked Shelby to a black stripe GB Shelby this time. GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread