Got window sticker today

nowplaying

HP Noob
Established Member
Dude, I hope what happened to me doesn't happen to you. I was told a build date of 7/30. I called on Friday 7/20, and they told me my car was in production! I called Monday the 23rd, and they told me it was in production still. (It is in production for 3-4 days). I called on the 24th, and they said it was not in production and had a build date of 8/3. I asked them "how could it go from being "in production" to back to just being "scheduled". The guy had no idea what I was talking about and said that the computer showed my car wasn't slated to be built until 8/3. This is despite 3 people telling me over 2 different days that my car was in production. This explains why my sticker never came up.

I hope you aren't in the same weird situation.

Ah man. Let's hope that's not my case. I guess at this point, what's another week of waiting. Been waiting since 3/21 when I placed my order. Thanks for the heads up.

farmboy90

Established Member
Holy crap, my window sticker just now showed up online. It wasn't there all day until just now. Wild! Sure enough, it shows an 8/3 build date. YEAH BABY!!!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Holy crap, my window sticker just now showed up online. It wasn't there all day until just now. Wild! Sure enough, it shows an 8/3 build date. YEAH BABY!!!

Congratulation. :beer:
With your luck, I hope you double checked your color and options? :eek:

USV8PWR

Established Member
I'm getting pretty ticked that folks who ordered after me are getting their cars before me; I ordered 6/13/12. It should be first in, first out with only a very few exceptions. Farmboy, I don't know how you and others that ordered much earlier then me are able to be so patient especially when folks are getting their cars in HALF the time as you. Since I saved quite a bit under MSRP I'm unable to really push my dealer to much to push their rep for more info and a build date. Which btw, the Ford rep who covers N. AL either sucks or does not care for my small country dealer.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm getting pretty ticked that folks who ordered after me are getting their cars before me; I ordered 6/13/12. It should be first in, first out with only a very few exceptions. Farmboy, I don't know how you and others that ordered much earlier then me are able to be so patient especially when folks are getting their cars in HALF the time as you. Since I saved quite a bit under MSRP I'm unable to really push my dealer to much to push their rep for more info and a build date. Which btw, the Ford rep who covers N. AL either sucks or does not care for my small country dealer.

It's not necessarily 1st in 1st out.

It's based on dealer relationships with the dealer rep- the number of options the car has- and the pecking order the dealer is in- based off previous mustang sales performance.

If you ordered 6/13- I wouldn't expect a build til late August early September. I ordered my car a full 96 days before you- and received my car 25 days before you ordered- they needed to build all of those out- and then figure out where you fit in the parameters I listed in the paragraph above.

Dont take what I'm saying the wrong way- just telling you how it seems to work

USV8PWR

Established Member
It's not necessarily 1st in 1st out.

It's based on dealer relationships with the dealer rep- the number of options the car has- and the pecking order the dealer is in- based off previous mustang sales performance.

If you ordered 6/13- I wouldn't expect a build til late August early September. I ordered my car a full 96 days before you- and received my car 25 days before you ordered- they needed to build all of those out- and then figure out where you fit in the parameters I listed in the paragraph above.

Dont take what I'm saying the wrong way- just telling you how it seems to work

Definitely not Chris and I appreciate the information. I was only saying I wish they did first in first out ordering. As in they produced the first allocations they got with the exceptions being due to options that were on hold, etc.

I thought you got yours in just 8 weeks from order to delivery but again I know you had a fantastic dealer and rep.

nowplaying

HP Noob
Established Member

I ordered 3/21 and it was my dealers second allocation. So I totally understand where you're coming from. Seeing all these people receive their cars is killing me.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Definitely not Chris and I appreciate the information. I was only saying I wish they did first in first out ordering. As in they produced the first allocations they got with the exceptions being due to options that were on hold, etc.

I thought you got yours in just 8 weeks from order to delivery but again I know you had a fantastic dealer and rep.

I agree. It should have been 1st come 1st serve.

I had 8 weeks from order to built

Order 3/7
Built 5/7
Delivered 5/18 - w 21 miles on it and a "QC" sticker- so my car was one of the ones tested by for in the initial run.
Picked it up 5/22

I think you'll see a VIN soon

Myfast70

Established Member
It's a good day finally got window sticker build day of 8/4 Race Red White stripe everything but glass roof. Car ordered on 6/23 can't wait.

Congrats for you! But how the flip does that work? I ordered my car 5/3 and still no date, no vin, "order processing" status with a possibility of a late sept delivery.

USV8PWR

Established Member
I agree. It should have been 1st come 1st serve.

I had 8 weeks from order to built

Order 3/7
Built 5/7
Delivered 5/18 - w 21 miles on it and a "QC" sticker- so my car was one of the ones tested by for in the initial run.
Picked it up 5/22

I think you'll see a VIN soon

That is awesome man! And thanks, I hope so too!

farmboy90

Established Member
Congrats for you! But how the flip does that work? I ordered my car 5/3 and still no date, no vin, "order processing" status with a possibility of a late sept delivery.

You need to have your dealer check with their rep. Reps know the quarter in which your car will build. They very likely also know the month as well.

So if you walk into a dealer with an allocation (that happens to have a 3rd quarter build), then it will be built before someone who ordered from a dealer with a 4th quarter build. These details are known by zone reps for sure.

At the end of the day, it is NOT first in, first out. It is based on allocation ordering.

RRDave

Established Member

I ordered mine also on 5/3 and am unscheduled as well. I had Deysha check my order to make sure something wasn't screwed up....she said its ok and to just be patient. This is apparently normal for SVT cars.

Users who are viewing this thread