got to meet one of the greatest drivers still alive

semperfi09

hux racing
Established Member
was leaving the walmart parking lot today and noticed a formula1 car out of the corner of my eye. me being who i am i flipped a u turn and went to investigate. there was a few exotic cars there also seemed a little strange all these cars here with maybe 20-30 people walking around. I was looking at a Porsche 911 and walked around the corner and there stood mr.andretti deferentially made my day. I got him to sign my helmet :banana:

416980_4240970694952_1899687463_n.jpg

nickf2005

Established Member
I was ready to judge you and your "Greatest Driver" label...

I cannot judge. Cool opportunity. Should have asked if he was willing to adopt.

semperfi09

hux racing
Established Member
that

is pretty freakin badass

I have to ask, what was he doing hanging out in a walmart parking lot in alabama? lol

its in jacksonville nc was not advertised he was going to be there or anything maybe 20 or so ppl there was strange to me too probably owns the walmart lol

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
VERY cool!!!

I met Tommy Kendall at a Ford event where my 2000 Cobra R race car was on display. We spoke for about 45 minutes, and I totally spaced it on having him sign my car!

Glad you got Andretti's signature!

semperfi09

hux racing
Established Member
now if i can get john force's signature i will be happy wish i could still get Earnhardt's seniors tho

wildride02gt

Established Member
nice, I've always wanted to meet Andretti. Met John Force, Bob Tasca Sr., and Bob Tasca III at a Tasca Ford car show a few years ago, just before Sr. passed. Force was a riot, just as hyper as he always seems on TV, and Tasca III is a really nice guy.
Force's and Tasca III both signed the console cover from my 02 GT.

flattrack53

Established Member
I thought you had a picture of me.. I was kind of confused before I opened the thread.

I met Andretti at the Maryland Science center about 10 years ago. They had a race car month there and my dad had a nascar there. I got to enjoy a lunch with him and everyone else who brought a car there. Very neat guy! I never got an autograph...I think I was too shy at the time.

flS/R

Established Member
cool deal. Did he appear even tinier in person. No disrespect, he just appears small in stature on television

Users who are viewing this thread