Got the job so you guys were right

Mustang_02

Established Member
Here is my side of my home office, yes you can say I am a geek and a nerd, I like computers cause I do use 4 at the same time when I game at home, but I will need to fit the new laptop in here somewhere lol, I ran out of room might have to take over the wives side now. 3 laptops and 2 desktops on my side of the office

View attachment 1551794
You can probably clean up that setup. I have my xps 15 running multiple VDIs. I have w10 and then a vdi for Ubuntu running my Plex server, then a vdi for mint for web development. I can have one VDI on each screen so it replicates as multiple computers.

Less real estate being eaten by laptops/rigs.

Avaya uses JSON?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Not everyone has the self discipline required to work from home and be productive. I've been doing it for 14 years so I know. Another thing is that after awhile you still feel like your at work even though you're not working. You will have to learn to flip that switch off during your RNR time. Otherwise working from home is amazeballs.

98slowbra

Established Member
I have worked for them before so I will know what to expect. I will report to the same boss as I did before and I did work from home at that time for them, this is the 2nd time around but not contract but full-time. The manager reached out to me for the position cause he knows what I can do and has seen what I can do from home. So this will not be new for me except writing new scripts on the cluster of what they have now. I will expect a learing curve but in Cisco ICM when you take on a new customer it is like learning it all over again because everyone uses it different and trust me on this cause when I worked for ATT I supported Cisco ICM systems and from SSA that took 800,000 calls a day to Best Buy we supported like 40 clients and each one did there scripting different. You have to be ready for anything to come down your pipe and I have done that. I just hope this will work out fine, my wife says I dont give myself enough credit because I just wait for new stuff to pop up cause it always does.

Last edited:

98slowbra

Established Member
I was just told to add in a $12,727 yearly bonus and I will be the team lead, I have lead teams before when I worked at ATT so this will be back in the lead set again. I have worked my ass off for stuff like this and they said I have the job and offer letter comes out on Tuesday.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Serious question to those who work from home because i personally don't know anyone who does. But, What exactly are you doing on that computer all day? Are you guys doing like spreadsheets? or coding?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Serious question to those who work from home because i personally don't know anyone who does. But, What exactly are you doing on that computer all day? Are you guys doing like spreadsheets? or coding?

When I work from.. I’m legit just watching emails

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
DefensiveDevotedAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

98slowbra

Established Member
Read emails, hold meetings, Change telecom scripts, change vectors create logins for agents, test platforms, create voicemail boxes, just all kinds of things, but I like 03Sssnakes idea though, that would be fun

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

I asked the same of my wife. She said most of it is answering emails, but she also takes care of payroll issues, works on spreadsheets, sets up meetings, has teleconference, etc. She's very disciplined so it works well for her. I don't know if I could be trusted lol.

earico

Established Member

I draw multi-story storage facilities all over the country. I'm also a partner in a group that develops about 2 facilities every 3 years.

earico

Established Member
I was just told to add in a $12,727 yearly bonus and I will be the team lead, I have lead teams before when I worked at ATT so this will be back in the lead set again. I have worked my ass off for stuff like this and they said I have the job and offer letter comes out on Tuesday.

Keeps getting better! That's awesome. Congrats again!

98slowbra

Established Member
I draw multi-story storage facilities all over the country. I'm also a partner in a group that develops about 2 facilities every 3 years.

That has to be fun, I loved mechanical drafting and architecture class, I had so much fun with the drafting board and T square, I am jealous cause that what I really wanted to do but I was not smart enough, my nich was in computers and telecom.

98slowbra

Established Member
Congratulations! Definitely sounds well deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks I have worked very hard and always put 110% into my work, I am glad I kept my contacts in IT and stayed in touch with all my managers because this one called me for this job and told me to apply and when I had my interview the managers could not ask me many tech questions since I told them how the ICM works with the Avaya system and they said they needed 2 people, one for Avaya and one for ICM and since I have both I will be in charge of the group and take lead, they looked and could not find anyone with the skills I have, well that is what I was told. Thanks everyone for the good wishes I have gave up a lot to advance my career in my field and it seems it is paying off now.

earico

Established Member
That has to be fun, I loved mechanical drafting and architecture class, I had so much fun with the drafting board and T square, I am jealous cause that what I really wanted to do but I was not smart enough, my nich was in computers and telecom.

Thanks. Hey you must be pretty smart to do what you do!
Yeah it is fun but I've been doing it so long now that it's just work now. LOL. I was actually working a drafting job and was a junior in college going for a computer science degree when I had to decide between drafting and college. Dropped out and now here I am living off my plan B.

Users who are viewing this thread