Got the job so you guys were right

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You related to @Fat Boss ?

Seriously though... congrats man. Working from home is a joy (i do the same) and truly life changing if you have little ones. That salary is very nice too.. icing on the cake.

What kind of work do you do? Some type of IT im guessing?

98slowbra

Established Member
I have been in IT for like 30 years, I build Telecom Platforms and maintain them and make changes when they need it, I have done this in Cisco ICM which is the scripting work and I have done this in Avaya. I have around 30 years in both. I have been doing this a long time and Cisco ICM scripting is very hard to do, they can not find a single person who has the exp I do, ICM is so select there are only 400 experts in the world, I am not one of them but I have good exp in it. Avaya is easy compared to Cisco.
They use ICM for the Pre routes and post routs then the scripts for where the call goes then the Avaya for the end point, where you need VDNs in the ICM to tell the ICM where to put the call and after it hits that VDN it go to that Vector in Avaya and the steps before the call goes to the correct split skill and then is answered by a agent. They have Genesys to follow the call and carry the data for screen pops. If you understand all that or is it just all garbage to you?
They want me on ICM and to help on Avaya. Avaya is just like a central office telephone switch, every big company has one and they have 4 they want me to work on creating agent IDs so they can login to the phone to take calls from certain split skills, so I will also we working on what we call Avaya PBX (Private Branch Exchange). Does this help on what I do?

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been in IT for like 30 years, I build Telecom Platforms and maintain them and make changes when they need it, I have done this in Cisco ICM which is the scripting work and I have done this in Avaya. I have around 30 years in both. I have been doing this a long time and Cisco ICM scripting is very hard to do, they can not find a single person who has the exp I do, ICM is so select there are only 400 experts in the world, I am not one of them but I have good exp in it. Avaya is easy compared to Cisco.
They use ICM for the Pre routes and post routs then the scripts for where the call goes then the Avaya for the end point, where you need VDNs in the ICM to tell the ICM where to put the call and after it hits that VDN it go to that Vector in Avaya and the steps before the call goes to the correct split skill and then is answered by a agent. They have Genesys to follow the call and carry the data for screen pops. If you understand all that or is it just all garbage to you?
They want me on ICM and to help on Avaya. Avaya is just like a central office telephone switch, every big company has one and they have 4 they want me to work on creating agent IDs so they can login to the phone to take calls from certain split skills, so I will also we working on what we call 4 Avaya PBX (Private Branch Exchange). Does this help on what I do?

Yep... they gotta pay for that type of IT knowledge. Nicely done.

Im just a dumb Ops guy working in Transportation. :)

98slowbra

Established Member
Yep... they gotta pay for that type of IT knowledge. Nicely done.

Im just a dumb Ops guy working in Transportation. :)

You are not dumb what so ever, every person has their knack, yours is in Transportation, mine is just in IT

98slowbra

Established Member
Here is a example of a ICM script and in each box has coding on what to do and the arrows going from box to box tell what direction the call should go, you need to get the code in each box perfect or your script will not route the call correctly. The yellow boxes are information on what the blue box does but you need to create all this.

cisco-L.jpg

98slowbra

Established Member
Here is my side of my home office, yes you can say I am a geek and a nerd, I like computers cause I do use 4 at the same time when I game at home, but I will need to fit the new laptop in here somewhere lol, I ran out of room might have to take over the wives side now. 3 laptops and 2 desktops on my side of the office

home-XL.jpg

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Here is a example of a ICM script and in each box has coding on what to do and the arrows going from box to box tell what direction the call should go, you need to get the code in each box perfect or your script will not route the call correctly. The yellow boxes are information on what the blue box does but you need to create all this.

View attachment 1551771
Hey I've used that app too!

Congrats on the new job man!
6f9a871257223fe33cf815cb60f02e50.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1996slowbra

Established Member
They want me on ICM and to help on Avaya. Avaya is just like a central office telephone switch, every big company has one and they have 4 they want me to work on creating agent IDs so they can login to the phone to take calls from certain split skills, so I will also we working on what we call Avaya PBX (Private Branch Exchange). Does this help on what I do?

All the terminology is different (different names for the same things) in Avaya but I generally know what you are talking about.

Were swapping to Avaya for transport and Genesys for call routing in about 2 years, they want me to learn it but I want to move back into prod ops, I am so over working on enterprise telephony.

View attachment 1551771

Man I am so happy I dont work on Avayas. Call Scripting is so much easier in Mitel and Shoretel.

98slowbra

Established Member
All the terminology is different (different names for the same things) in Avaya but I generally know what you are talking about.

Were swapping to Avaya for transport and Genesys for call routing in about 2 years, they want me to learn it but I want to move back into prod ops, I am so over working on enterprise telephony.

Man I am so happy I dont work on Avayas. Call Scripting is so much easier in Mitel and Shoretel.

I love avaya I have worked on it for 15 years and I am use to that, I have not worked on Mitel or Shoretel yet. Avaya is totally different, what I showed you was a script from Cisco ICM not Avaya and that is way different too. Genesys is getting bigger and bigger cause of Cisco you have to upgrade the system every year or 2 years and the size of your enterprise it will cost you at least $250k on up for the upgrade, now Avaya you have to upgrade every 4 years and Genesys I am not sure but I hear you do not have to upgrade to much and still get support, but I do not know for sure. Cisco scripting is very hard and I pulled my hair out so much, but it will give me a challenge that is for sure and they can not find a person that has both Avaya and Cisco ICM scripting so since I have both they are very happy and can not wait for me to come on board. I mean they have people there but do not know it how I do and they just have 1 Avaya guy for 4 PBX's which when I worked for Gateway I was in charge of 6 Avaya PBX's and 6 CMS's and 10 Intuity Audix's with the Cisco ICM. I wonder if you are switching to Avaya AACC which is like Cisco ICM but a different platform for call routing.

CV355

_
Established Member
Congrats!

I hope the transition is friendly. Don’t make the same mistake I did and not take time for yourself between opportunities!

CV355

_
Established Member
Thanks everyone, this is a $38,000 raise for me and they do have quarterly bonuses so I just need the paperwork to come in and go through.

Just make sure to mentally prepare for the change. I am generalizing from my own experience here, but I was in your exact shoes three weeks ago. Waiting on paperwork, feeling like it was going to be smooth sailing working from home for higher pay. Man, I got hit hard by reality and felt massive regret week 1 while on a business trip for training (comfort-zone related). Did some research and found that it is very common for major job changes.

I mean no negative in this. It sounds like an amazing opportunity and I certainly wish you the best. Just don’t let any surprises blindside you in the transition process.

Users who are viewing this thread