Got some more resto parts!!

buddha93

Established Member
lol haha looks like buddha wouldnt like the cobra on my dash either haha. personally i like it on there. =)

LOL! Meh, just personal preference.

Actually, I'd love it if it were smaller. The fender badge just looks too big to me. If it were the size of the existing Mustang logo, I'd be all over it.

Too much of a purest I suppose.........except under the hood!:thumbsup:

buddha93

Established Member
Na, looking at a 92 lx 5.0 Blk/Blk/sunroof with 24k orginal miles on it for $9.8k
Somthing to hold me over until I find the right Teal.

I give credit to Willyb for finding the LX for me. Nice find.
I just hope I can get the guy who own it on the phone.

Oh, Willy... Happy B-Day bro!!! I forgot to mention in the email conversations!
:beer::beer:

Sounds pretty slick. Post up if you close the deal.

I'd love to have this car:

Ford : Mustang - eBay (item 330523171116 end time Feb-03-11 18:41:44 PST)

I think the repaint is the only thing holding anyone from snatching this one up.

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
LOL! Meh, just personal preference.

Actually, I'd love it if it were smaller. The fender badge just looks too big to me. If it were the size of the existing Mustang logo, I'd be all over it.

Too much of a purest I suppose.........except under the hood!:thumbsup:

I would have to agree that it would look better smaller. Wonder if I could find a smaller one?

buddha93

Established Member
It's possible. I know you can get smaller metal ones that are used on key chains. Plastic would be better though, as I think the weight of a pewter one would make it prone to falling off, even with some good 3M adhesive tape. Dunno....

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
It's possible. I know you can get smaller metal ones that are used on key chains. Plastic would be better though, as I think the weight of a pewter one would make it prone to falling off, even with some good 3M adhesive tape. Dunno....

I grabbed a couple of those keychains and they are actually bigger than the side emblems on the car, by a little anyway. I was kinda thinking about putting them on the sides since they are both right facing, lol. They look pretty good, and they are pretty thin and not much heavier than the plastic ones. Probably won't, but they might look cool. I can't mod too much lol! If I did it though, I would put the horse back on the dash because then the Cobra on there would look really tacky!

WillyB93

Established Member
Thanks Brett, maybe that's why he hasn't sold it yet. I have a friend of mine that is a firefighter in town and the work like 24 on 24 off. Did he have the original pony wheels to go with that car?

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Yea got a hold of the guy last night. Im on a waiting list...LOL.
Na,,, someone is suppose to come up from Texas and get it next weekend. The guy that owns it said that Im next line if the deal falls through.

Only one catch with this car. It has low miles. But, if you look at the motor pics closely it seems to me that it has a Remanufacture motor in it. Go figure. The car does look like a low mileage LX. But the motor looks fishy being painted BLUE.:bash:

Here's a link if you all want to look at it.

1992 Ford Mustang - $9,800 - Vehicle Classifieds For Classic Mustangs For Sale (CC-173253)

buddha93

Established Member
Yea got a hold of the guy last night. Im on a waiting list...LOL.
Na,,, someone is suppose to come up from Texas and get it next weekend. The guy that owns it said that Im next line if the deal falls through.

Only one catch with this car. It has low miles. But, if you look at the motor pics closely it seems to me that it has a Remanufacture motor in it. Go figure. The car does look like a low mileage LX. But the motor looks fishy being painted BLUE.:bash:

Here's a link if you all want to look at it.

1992 Ford Mustang - $9,800 - Vehicle Classifieds For Classic Mustangs For Sale (CC-173253)

Looks pretty nice to me for $9800. Just looking at it, I bet it needed a water pump at some point in time so somebody got creative and painted the new one and slapped it on......possibly the timing cover also. Heck, it looks like it even has factory headers on it from what I can see.

Hopefully the other guy is a no show........

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Looks pretty nice to me for $9800. Just looking at it, I bet it needed a water pump at some point in time so somebody got creative and painted the new one and slapped it on......possibly the timing cover also. Heck, it looks like it even has factory headers on it from what I can see.

Hopefully the other guy is a no show........

I think the whole long block is painted blue. If you look closley. You can see the passenger side head painted blue also.

Really bo big deal to me. But makes you wonder if the motor is a Reman...
Then your only looking at a 24k low mile roller with a reman motor in it.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
I think the whole long block is painted blue. If you look closley. You can see the passenger side head painted blue also.

Really bo big deal to me. But makes you wonder if the motor is a Reman...
Then your only looking at a 24k low mile roller with a reman motor in it.

Ya, maybe.......dunno. It's really hard to tell for sure. The only hint of it I see is the one pic from the front, you can see a shade of blue next to the bend in the radiator hose leading to the T-stat.

At least the ad says it's the original motor. :shrug:

WillyB93

Established Member
I never even noticed the painting of the water pump! That would make a big difference on the originality of the car but to someone that is just going to drive it. Let me know what happens and I can be the eye before decide to come buy!!

red95gts

Established Member
The close up of the quarter windows seem to have more pitting than I would expect for a 24K-mile car. Also, does that look like rust on the hatch hinge?

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
The close up of the quarter windows seem to have more pitting than I would expect for a 24K-mile car. Also, does that look like rust on the hatch hinge?

Good eyes Darrel. I saw that to when I first got the pictures.......makes you wonder.

That's why if I go any further with this car. Im going to see if WillyB can swing by and give me some extra eyes for detail on it.

WillyB93

Established Member
I didn't even see that either in the pictures. Thats why they say pictures dont do it justice sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread