Got rid of the Flava Flave part of the faux gas cap.

2012GT

Established Member
I took off the chrome ring which was a little tedious. Then I took off the GT from the ring and put it back on the car with black RTV. I wanted to try this before cutting the sheet metal and putting on a deck lid. I like the GT emblem but have always hated the flava flave bling ring.
20190126_210349.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I took off the chrome ring which was a little tedious. Then I took off the GT from the ring and put it back on the car with black RTV. I wanted to try this before cutting the sheet metal and putting on a deck lid. I like the GT emblem but have always hated the flava flave bling ring.View attachment 1548798

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Looks good. Man, that must have been quite a bit of work.

2012GT

Established Member
Looks good. Man, that must have been quite a bit of work.
Yeah man it was a bit of a PITA but not as bad as I anticipated. I guess that I should have taken photos of the process but it would have been extremely difficult having spatulas in both hands trying to get quality "how to" pictures taken. I used 2 wooden spatulas, 1 plastic spatula, dental floss, fishing line and a hair dryer. Once I got the bling ring and GT off of the trunk (it's one piece) , I had to drill into the 5 plastic rivets to get the GT off of the chrome ring, I pryed it off gently with a thin butter knife. You just have to be careful drilling the rivets in the rear because if you go too far, you'll drill right through the GT emblem.

11.60 NA bolt on daily driver. 398 rwhp She dont even make 400 to the tires with 11.60 cutting a 1.60'. whoooooo!

Users who are viewing this thread