Got pulled over in my Skyline...

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I guess it was bound to happen lol...enjoy the video!

[video=youtube;lbdVgWCCfro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdVgWCCfro[/video]

feel free to subscribe (shameless plug) :rockon::banana::D

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool video. Car looks and sounds great!
At least the cop was cool about the sticker. Funny how one agency gives you a different answer from another agency, huh? Talk about being on the same page. **rolls eyes**
Enjoy.

oldmodman

Established Member
Sticker?
Safety inspection?
I can hardly believe that someone has some paperwork that California DOESN'T have.
And there are so many cars driving around here that SHOULD be yanked off the road.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Cool video. Car looks and sounds great!
At least the cop was cool about the sticker. Funny how one agency gives you a different answer from another agency, huh? Talk about being on the same page. **rolls eyes**
Enjoy.

Thank you. Yeah the cop was definitely cool about it...could have given me a ticket.

Sticker?
Safety inspection?
I can hardly believe that someone has some paperwork that California DOESN'T have.
And there are so many cars driving around here that SHOULD be yanked off the road.

Yeah, in VA you have to get your car inspected annually and they put a sticker in your windshield showing that you passed inspection....I didn't have said sticker.

Reyes351

Established Member
I love your car! And your son is such a good sport about it all!
I saw this beauty on my way home yesterday, pictures don't do them justice.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Just saw a RHD skyline up my way last friday. Such a great car. Looks like you're enjoying yours

Cop seemed nice. I know VAST can be tough

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
Took mine to regular NJ state inspection station. There is the EPA/NHTSA exemption but I think that's just federal level. Stupid state crap is different.

It passed though. All the dudes in the station looking at it and asking questions. I'm not sure if they did emissions or skipped it or whatever. After I got it inspected though, a few months later NJ decided that inspections weren't needed for stuff older than '95. They mail you a card to keep in the car that says its exempt. I did receive the card for my '94 Toyota Pickup but haven't for the Nissan yet so not sure.

Haven't been pulled over yet. Waiting for that to happen.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Gotta love the state inspections- last month the oil lube guy pulled my sticker from my accord. Said the cat had to be replaced due to surface rust.

I would love a 4-door GTS-T as a runabout

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I haven't had a car inspected in over 25 years here in CT. What an awesome Skyline. Sounds great. Pulls like a jet. Classic looks. You're lucky to have one. :rockon:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I love your car! And your son is such a good sport about it all!
I saw this beauty on my way home yesterday, pictures don't do them justice.

Thank you man. Very cool spotting!

Just saw a RHD skyline up my way last friday. Such a great car. Looks like you're enjoying yours

Cop seemed nice. I know VAST can be tough

Yeah definitely...could have given me a ticket, but didn't!

Took mine to regular NJ state inspection station. There is the EPA/NHTSA exemption but I think that's just federal level. Stupid state crap is different.

It passed though. All the dudes in the station looking at it and asking questions. I'm not sure if they did emissions or skipped it or whatever. After I got it inspected though, a few months later NJ decided that inspections weren't needed for stuff older than '95. They mail you a card to keep in the car that says its exempt. I did receive the card for my '94 Toyota Pickup but haven't for the Nissan yet so not sure.

Haven't been pulled over yet. Waiting for that to happen.

haha nice...I doubt VA will do that anytime soon. They are all about their nickle and dime setups.

Gotta love the state inspections- last month the oil lube guy pulled my sticker from my accord. Said the cat had to be replaced due to surface rust.

I would love a 4-door GTS-T as a runabout

Those are pretty cool cars with a set of wheels and some suspension! Pulled your sticker?!? Wow, I'd of been pissed!

I don't miss those dam VA inspections.

Me either...I used to live in MD, and said I'd never live in VA because of their strict car owner laws...yet here I am lol.

I haven't had a car inspected in over 25 years here in CT. What an awesome Skyline. Sounds great. Pulls like a jet. Classic looks. You're lucky to have one. :rockon:

Thank you Bob!

Bad ass ride sir!! What power does it make?

Thank you, it dyno'd 436hp/356trq to the wheels @ 17psi on a Precision 6266. Waiting for winter to do headstuds/cams/valve springs and up the boost with some meth injection and/or Flex fuel.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
It is always cool to see an understanding and nice officer! Even cooler to see your sons face light up when you give it some gas!

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Went get my inspection tag Saturday. I took my illegal tint off the day before. He checked under the truck for illegal exhaust. I'm not sure what's illegal. I guess no muffler. Oh well, im good for another two years!

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
I think i've seen you around of Old plank rd in Ashleigh Park. I have a friend that lives there. I live in Fredericksburg myself in White Oak area(Stafford) if you know where that is and ride around a red Cobra. At least down in Spotsy you don't have to have emissions, like Stafford has. I am in Stafford and have to go trough that every 2 years. And i think that if they give you a regular VA tag, then you have to have State inspection. Antique tags don't need inspection. It's stupid to get this done every year ,but hey it's just a way of collecting more revenue. Welcome to the Commonwealth!

96 cobra

Established Member
Awesome car! Definitely the best era for styling.

Inspections around here (NY) are just about safety and no OBD error codes, they truly don't care about anything else (e.g. no front plate, illegal tint, no muffler all passes).

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I love your son's face when the boost hits! Cool car.

Thank you!

It is always cool to see an understanding and nice officer! Even cooler to see your sons face light up when you give it some gas!

Thank you...yeah he was definitely cool about it.

Went get my inspection tag Saturday. I took my illegal tint off the day before. He checked under the truck for illegal exhaust. I'm not sure what's illegal. I guess no muffler. Oh well, im good for another two years!

I have no cats....maybe illegal? lol

I think i've seen you around of Old plank rd in Ashleigh Park. I have a friend that lives there. I live in Fredericksburg myself in White Oak area(Stafford) if you know where that is and ride around a red Cobra. At least down in Spotsy you don't have to have emissions, like Stafford has. I am in Stafford and have to go trough that every 2 years. And i think that if they give you a regular VA tag, then you have to have State inspection. Antique tags don't need inspection. It's stupid to get this done every year ,but hey it's just a way of collecting more revenue. Welcome to the Commonwealth!

Yeah I live in spotsy...no emissions! I might get antique tags...i dunno yet.

Awesome car! Definitely the best era for styling.

Inspections around here (NY) are just about safety and no OBD error codes, they truly don't care about anything else (e.g. no front plate, illegal tint, no muffler all passes).

Thank you!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been seeing more and more of these lately, which is a really good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread