Got my turbos and intercooler today *PICS*

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Got another box from THP today. Contents were very pleasing to the eye.
57trim, 0.63 A/R T3-T4 Garrett turbos and a custom bar-and-plate intercooler.
20147-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-003.jpg

20148-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-004.jpg

20149-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-008.jpg

20150-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-009.jpg

20151-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-005.jpg

20152-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-006.jpg

20153-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-007.jpg

20154-thp-kit-pics-of-turbos-and-intercooler-turbos-010.jpg

TRBO VNM

very nice postban. I thought about polishing my exhaust housing before switching it out. keep up the pics man. looking good :beer:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Very nice. The polished exhaust side of the turbo looks great. Are you going to leave them exposed though or cover them to keep some heat from under the hood?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Special Blend said:
Very nice. The polished exhaust side of the turbo looks great. Are you going to leave them exposed though or cover them to keep some heat from under the hood?

They are going to be left exposed. Actually turbohorsepower polished the cast iron and them had them JetHot coated (along with every other pipe in the kit) so that shine should last a while. Both hot sides are directly under the 03 hood vent. Also the guy with the prototype car has this exact setup but lives in arizona and has had no heat issues with them.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I like the THP kit. I'd have rather had the sullivan intake included. I'm just about 2 weeks into my build at HP. All my tubing is done and almost ready to go to jet hot. Waiting on my exhaust housings. Fine lookin pieces though. I wish they'd send me my turbos. Already payed them 5,000 think i could get a little something something.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I bet having both turbos sitting under the vents will make for a nice marage when driving around....hehe.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Special Blend said:
I bet having both turbos sitting under the vents will make for a nice marage when driving around....hehe.

:idea:
He's probably sick of seeing me accelerating off into the sunset. :burn:

JP :coolman:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
jfboy said:
Can you be intercooled twice ?

Air to air before entering the TB and water to air inside the OEM Cobra manifold ?

Yep, you sure could. ProTurboKits makes a sheet metal manifold to fit our stock lower intake and ic. Or you could fab something too.
You would need to move the IC pump to a different location (turbo pipes go right through there) and have a custom HE made also a custom IC (only so much room there.) Custom mounting brackets too. Basically just takes determination and a thick wallet if you wanna pioneer like that.

Problem is there was just an HP kit on here with that intake and it made under the expected power. The benefit of double cooling would be wasted.

Going water/ice only is how the big racers do it (shoey, step in here)

For a street driven, occaisionally raced, turbo cobra I believe an air-to-air is best

Users who are viewing this thread