Got my sportlines on w/boss front air dam !

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Here's my 2012 with eibach sportlines , bmr lca relocation brackets , adj. panhard , also installed a boss/cs front air dam . The car rides just like everybody said with the brembo package an sportlines , it really suprised me how good the car rides. I noticed almost zero difference from the factory setup. One of my strut mounts came apart I put all the bearings back in and added some grease and reassembled and all is well no noises and everything is firm. The boss/cs front air dam was easy to put On since I already had the front of the car in the air and I am very happy with how it looks. Everybody that saw it said it looked way better than the factory air dam. Here's one pic , I will post more when I take more
6AFFE749-E382-4DDE-A1B3-8B3BC63AD869-14946-00001158F0DAFB4E.jpg

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
yep, looks good!

What was your measured drop with those springs?
You mentioned the LCA Relo brackets...are you using stockl LCAs....what hole do you have them in?

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
yep, looks good!

What was your measured drop with those springs?
You mentioned the LCA Relo brackets...are you using stockl LCAs....what hole do you have them in?

Believe it or not it dropped almost exactly what they said , 2 inches in rear and 1.5 in front , yes I'm using the stock lca , I went with the middle mounting point and it's perfect , they have a very slight down angle from the front towards the rear of the car , if I had to guess I'd say 5-8 degrees , bmr said level or like mine are is perfect , the whole install took 4 hours that's everything , and I'm 1/4 inch shorter on the panhard center to center . I haven't put the camber bolts in yet I'm gonna drive the car this week to let it settle all the way and then I'm gonna rotate the tires throw the camber bolts in an take it to get aligned

mjc1055

Established Member
interested in seeing how the alignment comes out, i wonder if you'd be able to get back within spec even without the bolts. i'm leaning toward this same set of springs, yours looks great.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Excellent, I have all the parts I need for the swap for my sportlines
Did you need a spring compressor?*
Any tips on preventing the strut mounts from falling apart?

acrbill

Established Member
you don't need a spring compressor to install Sportlines. Just follow the Late Model Resto how to. The best bet to keep them from falling apart is to reach your hand up and grab the upper mount as you are pulling it out.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Springs

Excellent, I have all the parts I need for the swap for my sportlines
Did you need a spring compressor?*
Any tips on preventing the strut mounts from falling apart?

Yes , it's a very simPle process , you take the whole strut assembly out , then what I did on the first one is just took an impact to the strut bolt and the spring had more pressure than I thought and the strut mount flew off , so what I did was on the next one I just stacked my front tires up placed the strut flat on my garage floor with the bottom against the tires and the top (strut mount) about 10 inches from the wall then I placed a piece of plywood over the assembly and took the impact and let her loose it deflected just a little against the tire and against the wall but the strut mount was perfectly intact. Of course you could avoid all this by getting some spring compressors which I didn't have but was confident in my operation. The sportlines are significantly shorter so it's very easy to reassemble the strut assembly. It took me 45 min. To do both springs that's having to reassemble one strut mount. This is just how I did it , I recommend a spring compressor but like I said I felt comfortable doing it and it was pretty painless. The strut mounts are definetly designed for assembly Once, I could tell by the way they felt and the design of the one that came apart.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Springs

Thanks for all the compliments , I researched a lot and lost sleep wondering how it was gonna ride and look , when you buy parts you always wonder if you'll end up not liking something, that's why I bought a few things I probably didn't need but I wanted to give the setup every advantage to work properly. I am very happy with how it rides and handles and it looks amazing and was not that bad of a job either, the reason I didn't get new struts and shocks is that the brembo cars have different spring rates and dampers to go with it and many said they ride better that a base gt with the sportlines and although I don't know how the base gt rides my car didn't change hardly at all it actually feels smoother and tighter without that jarring bounce

Last edited:

mikestoyz

Established Member
Yes , it's a very simPle process , you take the whole strut assembly out , then what I did on the first one is just took an impact to the strut bolt and the spring had more pressure than I thought and the strut mount flew off , so what I did was on the next one I just stacked my front tires up placed the strut flat on my garage floor with the bottom against the tires and the top (strut mount) about 10 inches from the wall then I placed a piece of plywood over the assembly and took the impact and let her loose it deflected just a little against the tire and against the wall but the strut mount was perfectly intact. Of course you could avoid all this by getting some spring compressors which I didn't have but was confident in my operation. The sportlines are significantly shorter so it's very easy to reassemble the strut assembly. It took me 45 min. To do both springs that's having to reassemble one strut mount. This is just how I did it , I recommend a spring compressor but like I said I felt comfortable doing it and it was pretty painless. The strut mounts are definetly designed for assembly Once, I could tell by the way they felt and the design of the one that came apart.

Thanks for the info, but can't you take that nut off with a jack under the control arm so you can control it lowering?

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Springs

Thanks for the info, but can't you take that nut off with a jack under the control arm so you can control it lowering?

Absolutely, most recommend taking the whole assembly though and use spring compressors on the factory springs because they are loaded pretty tight , I guess that's how some people run into trouble with the strut mounts coming apart , but if you had two people I guess it would work , the strut mounts are iffy I promise they feel loose and obviously many people have had trouble with them

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
you don't need a spring compressor to install Sportlines. Just follow the Late Model Resto how to. The best bet to keep them from falling apart is to reach your hand up and grab the upper mount as you are pulling it out.

This is the method I used also and the mounts came out without falling apart

kona12

Established Member
WOW my twin LOL.. I have same setup still runs great on stocks and my boss doesnt scrape

Users who are viewing this thread