Got my Snake Bite today. ( Not a joke thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynobobstieg

slowmoving1

Established Member
So I've been keeping up to date on this thread, and I also think that it's only fair if everything is at the same boost level.. But that's not really going to happen. So I say
1. POSI, get a Snakebite blower and do the same thing that STIEG did but u do it to your liking.. measuring everything at the same boost
2. POSI, rebuild the front snouts the way that STIEG did and then conduct testing..
3. STIEG, take a stage 5+ and test it against POSI's race blower with the same pulley. that would be fair because the front snout won't be rebuilt..

That's how I see it being fair because the test that he did would be like comparing a D1 blower and a F1 blower. the ratio's are different internally..

I agree said the same thing a few pages back

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
I didnt bother to read all 17 pages.
I do know this from experience:
Ive been to different dynos and tuners from coast to coast. Any tuner or 'tooner' can make a huge horsepower # on the dyno with increased timing. The reason this is possible (without pinging) is because there is no load on the car. I dont care if the dyno is a "loaded" model, it still cannot duplicate 2 tons of car and wind resistance, period.

I stopped looking at horsepower #'s years ago and base any companies product, port, etc on MPH at the track. That is the only true measre of how a Hi-Po product stacks up.

deec73

Established Member
So I've been keeping up to date on this thread, and I also think that it's only fair if everything is at the same boost level.. But that's not really going to happen. So I say
1. POSI, get a Snakebite blower and do the same thing that STIEG did but u do it to your liking.. measuring everything at the same boost
2. POSI, rebuild the front snouts the way that STIEG did and then conduct testing..
3. STIEG, take a stage 5+ and test it against POSI's race blower with the same pulley. that would be fair because the front snout won't be rebuilt..

That's how I see it being fair because the test that he did would be like comparing a D1 blower and a F1 blower. the ratio's are different internally..

The part I put in bold should be what the comparison test should be all about. The snakebite blower with the rotor/gearing speed changed is like comparing apples to oranges when having the same size pulley on a blower that dont have the gearing changed. Its common sense. Spin the blowers at the same rotor RPM, then coduct flow/hp tests.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The part I put in bold should be what the comparison test should be all about. The snakebite blower with the rotor/gearing speed changed is like comparing apples to oranges when having the same size pulley on a blower that dont have the gearing changed. Its common sense. Spin the blowers at the same rotor RPM, then coduct flow/hp tests.

If you would actually read the thread instead of just posting you'd see he has posted results of a stage 5 port versus the before mentioned race port.

Now...I'm not saying I agree with everything posting in his results. I also think anyone who decides on one port over the other based off of this thread is stupid as well. Numbers are just numbers, they don't mean a thing to me.

With that said, I'm running a stage V steggy port on my own car. Numbers mean nothing to me. Run what you want until you're happy with the results.

Stage 5, 2.76 upper, 2# lower. 490/490. If I cared about numbers I would have changed already.

Last edited:

deec73

Established Member
If you would actually read the thread instead of just posting you'd see he has posted results of a stage 5 port versus the before mentioned race port.

Now...I'm not saying I agree with everything posting in his results. I also think anyone who decides on one port over the other based off of this thread is stupid as well. Numbers are just numbers, they don't mean a thing to me.

With that said, I'm running a stage V steggy port on my own car. Numbers mean nothing to me. Run what you want until you're happy with the results.

Stage 5, 2.76 upper, 2# lower. 490/490. If I cared about numbers I would have changed already.

I did read the whole thread wise ass. Just so happened I missed that test vs the stage 5. Been following the thread since it started :burn:

dynobobstieg

I didnt bother to read all 17 pages.
I do know this from experience:
Ive been to different dynos and tuners from coast to coast. Any tuner or 'tooner' can make a huge horsepower # on the dyno with increased timing. The reason this is possible (without pinging) is because there is no load on the car. I dont care if the dyno is a "loaded" model, it still cannot duplicate 2 tons of car and wind resistance, period.

I stopped looking at horsepower #'s years ago and base any companies product, port, etc on MPH at the track. That is the only true measre of how a Hi-Po product stacks up.

The only thing changed is the blower swap.
Track numbers and to be the fastest is the goal, unfortunately a lot of variables in that.
This is why we came up with the Snake Bitetm look at the power under the curve on the Dyno sheet.
Please go with the company or person you find most qualified to get the job done properly that your comfortable with, ultimately we want you to get/have the choice, whether you go with our company, elsewhere, or port it yourself.
Thank you
Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Getting an Eaton car to run hard and put down good times is impressive. It is like old time hot rodding. Getting the most out of what parts the car came with. Anyone can open the checkbook and plunk down the $$ for a Whipple or KB and make big power. Thats easy but not as impressive as a 10 sec Eaton car. Not to to me at least. Done the Whipple thing car was very fast but got bored with it quickly. With an Eaton car, every little tweek or trick you come up with yields more on the dyno and quicker times at the track. Now that keeps my interest!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
i really dont see what all the fuss is about, the way i race is run what you brung and if someone spends the money for the snakebite tm and gets a regeared snot then they deserve it cause they paid for it...but anyways why dont the other porters who are trying to discredit stieg just send in some money and buy a snakebite? stieg bought one of yours and thats why they are ahead of the game form my opinion.

I've never tried to discredit Stiegemeier and regularly congratulate people that run good times at the track on here. I only want to sell the best port I can do. It doesn't matter to me how a person achieves a certain boost amount at all. Plus I like the look of the pullies and auxiliary idler quite frankly.

Yeah, and I know a guy who's brothers friend ran a turbo thru a Stage 5 and made like 980 hp. Word, look it up. :fart:

I'll go ahead and say that I got a port on a Twin Turbo'd car that should easily be well over 1000hp. Just waiting to be tuned is all. Pretty sure it's getting dyno'd in the same shop as the person you are referring to also.:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I got up our Stage 5 vs competitor port up tonight:
STIEGEMEIER SNAKE BITE vs COMPETITOR - Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob

Bob is still out in the shop working. I have not seen him for me to ask him any questions that I am not qualified to answer.
As always feel free to call for any questions or concerns.
Thank you
Robyn S
636-949-2275
StiegeSplash
Again, I apologize for not having test 2 posted yesterday.

Seems to me at the low boost the Race Port has not come alive. Which I used to tell people actually that your blowers would make better torque. Then again they still respond great in the HP department so I stopped doing it. Actually referred a few customers straight over to you if they only wanted to run upper only. Not anymore though being as the last 4 cars I know of with 2.8 upper only's were all over 500 corrected HP. I am happy with the torque staying down just a little if that HP is up there on it seems to be a regular basis.

The only thing I got from the test on your site is leaning to what I just said. I port these things to be pushed and my IAT's on both tests are lower. Mine only went up or increased 19*'s on both tests. Then again yours went up 34*'s on the first one and 36*'s on the second test.

Mine started out warmer yet still stayed colder in both tests. I'll take that as a WIN. Yet I have no idea why that torque is that low. A Race Ported blower with an upper only will not lose torque at all. It won't pick up 30 or anything but it will increase some. It just needs to be spun a little more.

I am done in here also because I've posted to much already and don't want to look like a FOOL any longer. Unless I have to come back and save face but please let this test die.

I will add if anyone wants say an awesome deal that will make good numbers then I refer them straight over to True Forged for Steve's port. That is probably the best deal going and it has been for a couple of years also.:beer:

Thanks

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

The Stiegemeier Stage 5 Engine temps were 10 degrees higher at start of run that is why they are 10 degrees higher at IAT2s.
Thanks to all of our supporters and to SVTPerformance!
We are currently working 7 days a week to stay on our 1-3 day turnaround time.

Thank you
Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
636-925-1656
[email protected]
We do have a very knowledgeable, well educated staff available to answer your questions however, if you are more comfortable speaking with me direct let the person answering the phone know that.
Robert D. Stiegemeier

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Regardless the chart clearly shows your IAT1's were colder than the Race Port at the start of the pull and then Hotter at the end of the pull than the Race Port.

Engine temps were by no means hot so that isn't a factor.

It's all there and rather easy to read.

19*'s increase for my Race Port compared to 34*/36*'s increase for your ports. I'll take the 19 any day of the week.

Thanks and I'm not going to argue with this.

NYstanger

Established Member
Regardless the chart clearly shows your IAT1's were colder than the Race Port at the start of the pull and then Hotter at the end of the pull than the Race Port.

Engine temps were by no means hot so that isn't a factor.

It's all there and rather easy to read.

19*'s increase for my Race Port compared to 34*/36*'s increase for your ports. I'll take the 19 any day of the week.

Thanks and I'm not going to argue with this.

What part of the blower porting attributes to the differences in the IAT2 temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread