Got my longtubes in!!!

mineral03

Established Member
Finally, spent a few hours, and got my long tubes in!! Besides the pain in the ass bolts on the passenger side rear, it wasnt too bad. Took about 30 minutes to drop the k member,2 hours to get the damn headers on, and another hour to go back together. Feels better, but the car is just WAY too loud. The FRPP catback was loud with the stock H pipe, but now its HORRIBLY loud. Going to change the muffs ASAP. I have some install pics if anybody is interested, ill try to post if you want em...

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
damn!! I wish I could put LT's on mine! I kind of value my warranty though :D . I cant wait to hear it man! Did you have any problem with the placement of the O2 sensors?

i8u

Established Member
wow! You did the install in 3 1/2 hours? Have you done the install before. Which long tubes did you use? Very impressive. It took me about 7 hours with a lift and a bunch of tools.
Sound clip?
See you around.:beer:

mineral03

Established Member
No, no 02 sensor problems, they fit awesome. The headers i put in were actually 96-98 cobra headers. The only difference between the 96 and 99-01 headers is the older headers have 2 extra fittings on the front that have to be plugged. The headers are BBK, and yes, ive put in 1 or 2 sets before.
COBryan, i wouldnt worry too much about the warranty. I talked to a dealer over here, and he didnt seem to mind. I wasnt sure they would do the cam cap retorque with the headers on, so i went down there before i did the headers and asked. He didnt care, and confirmed the noise before hand.

Terminator03

banned
cant wait for headers......... Was the tone alot louder and deeper? can you describe the difference? thanks much. :thumbsup:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by mineral03
COBryan, i wouldnt worry too much about the warranty. I talked to a dealer over here, and he didnt seem to mind. I wasnt sure they would do the cam cap retorque with the headers on, so i went down there before i did the headers and asked. He didnt care, and confirmed the noise before hand.
What dealer? PM me please if you don't want to post it here.

mineral03

Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
cant wait for headers......... Was the tone alot louder and deeper? can you describe the difference? thanks much. :thumbsup:

For me, no, the tone was only slightly deeper. The problem is the FRPP catback. Its a straight thru muffler design, and sounded ok by itself... kinda flappy, but ok. Once i bolted the headers up, it was WAY FLAPPY. At 2500-4000rpm+, it sounded like a lowrider on some serious steroids. After that, its just ungodly loud. Im putting a set of spintechs mufflers on it as soon as i get em in the mail. Once the mufflers are out, it should be awesome...

Cats??? What cats??? Oh yeah, its got cats...:rollseyes

mineral03

Established Member
Bear in mind,these are not in order...
this is when i was starting, matter uf undoing all the brakes/strut from the hub

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
Dang I can't believe no one has asked yet.....HOW DO THEY FEEL?? Any SOTP improvement? Guesstimates on power increase?

Users who are viewing this thread