Got my car tuned yesterday!

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Cross posting this from pics/vids

Well, yesterday I decided to visit Greg @ RET after installing some mods at my personal shop.

Long tube headers
O/R H-pipe
JLT Carbon fiber CAI
Twin 65mm tb

Here's the video, the car is on STOCK boost, 91 octane.

Make sure to watch in HD!

[youtube_browser]oKDlHsTG1Fo[/youtube_browser]

photo23.jpg

photo22.jpg

SPECIAL thank you to Greg and Adam @ RET and Ed at Ed's Speed Shop.

I hope I didn't get you in trouble during my exit Greg :beer:

Also thank you Nick @ American Racing Headers for the awesome service!

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
So that's stock mufflers with headers and h-pipe? That sounds sweet from what I can tell. Any more vids of that exhaust setup I can hear? Nice cars! :beer:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Yes, stock mufflers! The sound is really raw and sounds like an angry muscle car.

I didn't take any videos from the back of the car, it sounds really good from idle to 2,000 rpm then from 2,000 to 3,000 rpm it has this rasp then from 3,000 rpm+ is just smooths out and just scream! I'm not particularly fond of the 2-3k rpm rasp but a change of mufflers should fix that. It's pretty much just loud right now with not really much tone if that makes any sense.

I'll take some videos during the day tomorrow if it doesn't rain to give some perspective of what it sounds like exactly as the rollers and cellphone video have some affect on the sound :beer:

So that's stock mufflers with headers and h-pipe? That sounds sweet from what I can tell. Any more vids of that exhaust setup I can hear? Nice cars! :beer:

Last edited:

JDJ

Established Member
looks like 674HP /672TQ.. Glad you can get internet. My link was so slow last year my 4 year kid told me he did not want to Skype because my bandwidth was bad. Kids!!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Yes, stock mufflers! The sound is really raw and sounds like an angry muscle car.

I didn't take any videos from the back of the car, it sounds really good from idle to 2,000 rpm then from 2,000 to 3,000 rpm it has this rasp then from 3,000 rpm+ is just smooths out and just scream! I'm not particularly fond of the 2-3k rpm rasp but a change of mufflers should fix that. It's pretty much just loud right now with not really much tone if that makes any sense.

I'll take some videos during the day tomorrow if it doesn't rain to give some perspective of what it sounds like exactly as the rollers and cellphone video have some affect on the sound :beer:

That would be much appreciated! :beer:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Great run 96. Car looks and sounds Bad A**. Can you post the Dyno sheet with A/F and Boost if possible??? Good to see Greg is tuning the "New Beast"....

Users who are viewing this thread