Got my assignment to Travis AFB.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Is there anyone stationed there or who could tell me about the area? I am currently a 3D1X3 and I am cross-training into 4N0X1 Aerospace medical services. I am pretty excited to see new things. Hopefully i will grab a new stang when i get there. If i can afford it lol!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Is that where the tech school is? Congrats on the cross-train not a whole lot of desirable slots out there. (you're an E-6 IIRC).

My only experience with Travis is passing through for deployments. So I'll just say I wouldn't want to live there.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
It will be phase 2 of my tech school. It is actually my follow on from tech school. I am E-6 still..I usually have a great time wherever they put me so I am not to worried.

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
check out the local forum NorCalSVTOA..there is a bunch of guys Stationed at Travis that attend local meets and cruises:thumbup:

mjohns930

Established Member
I am stationed there and it is a great place to be as far as things to do. You are just a couple hours away from nearly everything fun to do. Tahoe, Yosemite, the ocean, Reno, Muir Woods, Sacramento, San Francisco and so on. Lots of fun outdoor stuff to do. The base is alright. The gym is pretty good. The hospital hasn't cut my legs off yet. The BX is pretty big, its no Ramstein though. I don't know what your new jobs deployment tempo is going to be like but I am Air Transportation and we deploy quite a bit. I have been hit for four six month deployments in six years so far. If I don't PCS or something soon I am looking at another this fall. Travis is known for high deployment rates compared to other bases, at least among my peers. If you have any questions just let me know.

busarich

Established Member
I was there for 10 years and really liked the area especially compared to minot. I have a retrain package in right now for load or fe (hoping to go back there). Lot of car guys there and a ton of stuff to do.

Users who are viewing this thread