got my 05 dynoed --> 384 rwhp/373rwtq

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Thanks to SCT in Lakeland, Florida for spending the time withme.
The Numbers are 384 HP & 373 on a Mustang Dyno & 20 x 10 rims
Mods:
-Stock Shortblock
-Stock Intake Manifold
-SCT Xcal Tuner
-BBR CNC Heads
-BBR Camshafts
-BBR Underdive Pulleys
-BBR Charger Motion Plates
-Stainless Works LT Headers
-Custom side Exhaust
-4.10 Gears
-JLT CAI

thats right NATURALLY ASPIRATED! :word: :glenn: :wicked:

bbr_lnr_dyno-1.gif

lnr_rear.jpg

S5300087.jpg

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Since you've been building this car up for a while can you give us a break down of you mods and the power they provided.

Specifically what were u pulling before and after the ported heads. I'm just wondering what we can expect from incremental modders.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
as soon as the car gets back from SEMA, i'm going to try this new thottlebody that is supposedly good for another 25 horse on these cars... hopefully i'll hit that 400 horsepower mark on motor... then I can tear it apart and build up the bottom end and strap a procharger on it too!

bossskip302

Established Member
Nice looking as well as performance..............is it the heads and cam that make the diff?

Thanks,
Skip
Dublin,TX

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
shiftknob said:
Johnny Ill say it again, car looks great and those are nice numbers, damn.Id like to see 400 whp NA!!
thanks again man... we really do gotta get together and hang sometime.

bossskip302 said:
Nice looking as well as performance..............is it the heads and cam that make the diff?

Thanks,
Skip
Dublin,TX
heads and cams make a world of difference... nothing like having a near 400 rwhp car when it's all motor.

here cobra cobra cobra

it's snake hunting season.

bossskip302

Established Member
Ok....is BBR the only option for heads and cams......? Let me know now I gotta have um.....!!!! and what are they gonna set me back?
Most folks think our GT is supercharged.....the way it runs we've had some good time's @ TWS 1.59, Hallett 1.29 and MSR 1.28 and to think with the addittion of 40 more horses yekkkkksssss.

Thanks,

Skip

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
bossskip302 said:
Ok....is BBR the only option for heads and cams......? Let me know now I gotta have um.....!!!! and what are they gonna set me back?
Most folks think our GT is supercharged.....the way it runs we've had some good time's @ TWS 1.59, Hallett 1.29 and MSR 1.28 and to think with the addittion of 40 more horses yekkkkksssss.

Thanks,

Skip

I think the heads and cams are coming to about 60+ more Horsies. Crower is supposedly coming out with some billitt cams soon. Also SuttonHp has cams and heads for sale just give them a call. Livernois has ported heads, as well as Sean Hyland.

What did you do for running your Stang in the AI series, I am just starting to get into AutoX with my '05 and am needing some suspension upgrades to make myself good and competetive.

James

Tucker

J666Z said:
as soon as the car gets back from SEMA,

Great job guys.
SEMA huh???
I'll be there as well. I'll buy you a beer :beer:

I have some black stickers, I'll send some your way.

Thanks
Jay

shiftknob

My next car will be RWD
Established Member
J666Z said:
thanks again man... we really do gotta get together and hang sometime.QUOTE]

Yea dude, I havent made it out to KK but I will show! I dont know if your on shift Monday nights, but the Glades/441 spot has been doing well! Come stop by.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
bossskip302 said:

Thanks,

Skip

as far as the cams go.... yes, blow-by is the only place out there with them. But for ported heads there are numerous places... however, Blow-By is the only place with CNC porting... everyone else does hand porting.

turbosaleen

Established Member
will they all knock ?

I have seen the video of the car idleing

wth is up with the loud as hell knock from the valvetrain ?

its that normal with those cams can anyone who puts one in exspect to sound like that?

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
turbosaleen said:
I have seen the video of the car idleing

wth is up with the loud as hell knock from the valvetrain ?

its that normal with those cams can anyone who puts one in exspect to sound like that?

that loud knock you heard were the adj. solid lifters. They were not adjusted 100%, but that problem was worked out and the noise is gone. I will be making another video with Chris from BlowByRacing as soon as the car gets back from SEMA. it's being repainted right now in preperation for SEMA or I would do it wednesday.

bossskip302

Established Member
James, we run a 97' ex-Bondurant Cobra in AI, the real thought is to convert the 05' to AI, all we need to do is extend the roll bar with nascar bars, lighten the car a bunch and other various mods. it would be a great car to compete however if I did all this the resale would suck......so we will keep it as a time trial car we hav'nt been bested yet at all the tracks Tx NASA runs...NPR etc its faster than most all the CMC/AI cars with the exception of a few, John George can't be touched in AI but will holds it's own with the heads and cams it would be a whole new ballgame, we 're putting in 3:73's tuesday that should help a bunch but we lack power out of the corners....
Let me know were I can buy these heads and cams ...maybe a web site and whom to contact.Texstar Ford in Stephenville is our major Sponser and will due the installation, they have been great.

Thanks for all ya'lls help this is great...

Skip

bossskip302

Established Member
James, I forget we added the full steeda sway bars, springs etc. the only piece left is the camber plates to adjust the neg. camber to plus 2 which should help the car not push and some shocks. It handles great with the Steeda 18x10 wheels with Hoosiers for the track and RA1's on seperate rims for the street the Hoosiers are good for 2 seconds a lap.
We also added 14" Brembo's up front and custom air ducts, Sparco EV 3 seats six pt. teamtex belts, cool suit, Racing Radio's for car to car and Pit communication, Aluminum Flywheel, headers, Steeda cat back exhaust, air intake, AMB transponder, CL three cluster SW gague pod and Steeda air intake.
If I can get the power up it would compensate for the weight and without a doubt mess with some hotshoes.
Its 3600 mile's on the car with 2900 being on various tracks.
Hope I did'nt ramble to much, but I see so many nice new Mustangs that are never used for their intended pupose........Its a well built ride and a blast to drive, @ Hallett I cruised in third gear the whole track and lapped many fast vette's as well as a other cars that should of ate my lunch.

Skip

Users who are viewing this thread