got mine

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Hi all. This is my first post on this particular forum. I just got my 2001 white gt coupe about 2 weeks ago and i was wondering where i should start in the modification department. Any and all thoughts are helpful.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
welcome!

Congratulations! You will love your GT. There are so many options when it comes to modifications. I would start with exhaust, say a cat back. If you want it really loud, go with the off road h-pipe. Mustangs sound good stock, but really sound impressive when the exhaust is opened up. Helps the ET a little too. A white Mustang with dark tinted windows always looks real nice as well. Modifying your car is so self satisfying. It's a good feeling when people notice as well. Good luck, and keep us updated!:D

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
gears are one of the best investments you can make...get a K&N filter, and an aftermarket shifter too.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by hillie16
gears are one of the best investments you can make...get a K&N filter, and an aftermarket shifter too.

hillie, how much did your gears cost? Were they hard to put on? I know they make a big difference in ET, but I'm kind of worried about gas mileage. Did you notice much of a difference?

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
My gears aren't in yet, but my friends have all done gears, someone else is putting mine in for me, I don't wanna mess it up. They are in a box in my garage right now, putting them and the intake in during the winter while the car is put away. Your gas mileage will go down, how much depends on the ratio. I got mine as a package sale from Summit, gears, shims, collar, speedo gear etc, all for like $250-300, can't remember exactly.

Last edited:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
OK, thanks! I think I'm going to wait till I get a second car before I put gears on. I'd like to go 4.10. I'd probably have it put on for me too. I've never had experience installing them.

Users who are viewing this thread