Got lucky!

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Just wanted to share something with other guys who love performance vehicles and driving. In an attempt to get my mind off of the news today, I was cruising my local “backroad circuit” around where I live. Its really rural, and on Sunday evenings there is no traffic at all on these roads. I didn’t get crazy by any means, but I was clicking along at a good pace and enjoying the shelby’s abilities. I was topping a mild crest in the road and a county Sherriff was coming towards me the other way. I was going faster than usual lets say. I immediately and instantly slowed down. He of coarse hit the blue lights and was starting to turn around right in the middle of the road. I was already pulling over and he turned his flashing lights back off, then waved out the window and speed back up in his original direction of travel! I fiquire he saw I was really moving, but by the time he hit his radar I was already slowed. Could have been he just didn’t want to hassle me? Either way, he changed his mind and I am thankful. I am always prepared to take my medicine at my age, but Im sure glad I didnt have to today!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Reminds me of an afternoon last summer. Turned off my road onto a divided state road (2 lanes each way with a big grass median)

Smashed the throttle, short shifted 2nd, and went to grab 3rd but somehow missed.

Let off and got on the brakes, down to about ~70 in a 60.

Crested a small hill and a county cop was in the median pointed right at me.

That would’ve been expensive if I hadn’t missed 3rd.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny how as we get older the phrase got lucky means different things! It’s always a great day when you get back home after driving the toy and have escaped any tickets

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PM-Performance

Established Member
I almost got side swiped the other day in mine because idiots not paying attention. Your story is much cooler!
Stay safe man and nice dodge!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Reminds me of an afternoon last summer. Turned off my road onto a divided state road (2 lanes each way with a big grass median)

Smashed the throttle, short shifted 2nd, and went to grab 3rd but somehow missed.

Let off and got on the brakes, down to about ~70 in a 60.

Crested a small hill and a county cop was in the median pointed right at me.

That would’ve been expensive if I hadn’t missed 3rd.

You need an MGW.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had a few of those situations myself lol. My biggest fear is getting my car towed away for doing some crazy speeds.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Long story short.......

Was driving my new '13 back and FINALLY got to the 4 lane wide I-295 going around Jacksonville, Fl.

1130a.m Saturday morning and I was all alone, no cars around, except White with Black trim Stingray. We hit about 95-100mph.....back it down waved and laughed. All this in a 65 zone

Out of no where black SUV, light bar off, gold State Police letters flys up behind the vette. I moved over to the slow lane. Had to separate myself hopefully with whatever was about to come next.

I changed my shorts at the next rest stop.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I feel like I have so many stories. Drag racing during Mustang week...caught. 120 in a 60 on I-26 in South Carolina...caught. Trying to race a guy next to me.....pulled over because he wanted to check out my Mystic....lol. Burnouts....caught. I've had my fair share of bad decisions as I am sure we all have.

Users who are viewing this thread