got everything installed....

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
Well. I have spend the last week ripping the car apart and installing some aftermarket goodies. Finnally got it done and all I can say is WOW. Installed Billet LCAs, UCA, Panhard bar, Ford Racing shifter, eibach pro lowering springs, JLT CAI, 2.6 upper, Idler, and Tune. Car is like a diffrent animal. Now all I need is new tires and that will be next week. Think Im going with the nitto DR. Pics to follow.

turbodango

Established Member
Awesome. I'm doing all that in a few weeks minus the shifter and panhard and springs!! Any dynos or just a mailorder tune?

CLK GT500

Established Member
Well. I have spend the last week ripping the car apart and installing some aftermarket goodies. Finnally got it done and all I can say is WOW. Installed Billet LCAs, UCA, Panhard bar, Ford Racing shifter, eibach pro lowering springs, JLT CAI, 2.6 upper, Idler, and Tune. Car is like a diffrent animal. Now all I need is new tires and that will be next week. Think Im going with the nitto DR. Pics to follow.

nice selection of mods. other than an upgraded blower or h/e you really could not of chosen more wisely. i'm sure you did your research.

cobrkilrl

Established Member

Damn Lightning, you have been busy. How do you like the FRPP shifter? Mine came on my KR and I trully love it. 2nd to 3rd is just one short move to the right. Have yet to miss 3rd with this shifter. Your going to love all that new power. Should put you way up in the 500+ HP range. JLT has some great tunes. The F1's really suck for tires on these vehicles. That's why i am going with the Nitto's also but my lower brackets aren't welded in so i am going with the 555R's instead. Car will probably never see any track time.

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
Yeah, manowar is selling me his dual pass afco. I will be installing it next week sometime. Going with Nitto 555 extreme 305/40 r18 on the rear and havent decided on the front yet. I also installed a bassani exhaust no long tubes yet have 3" all the way back with 4" tips, O/R X pipe. It sound great. As for the power I can tell a big diffrence but cant hook with these tires. I will snap some pics tomorrow for all you guys up north in that storm....LOL

macvicar07

majmacv
Established Member
Revan H/E

i did similar mods 2 days ago - CAI, 2.65, Revan H/E, 3.73's Eibach Sportlines and a JLT tune...it's ALOTmore responsive, and much more low-end torque....But the H/E in my opinion is the best bang-for-the-buck, as it keeps timing from being pulled....Get the H/E!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i did similar mods 2 days ago - CAI, 2.65, Revan H/E, 3.73's Eibach Sportlines and a JLT tune...it's ALOTmore responsive, and much more low-end torque....But the H/E in my opinion is the best bang-for-the-buck, as it keeps timing from being pulled....Get the H/E!

thats good to know since i just got my Raven HE an Radiator

Users who are viewing this thread